• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Schedule Conference with 3CX (direct email) Option Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank86

Customer
Reaction score
Using the latest 3CX.

When I schedule a conference call and select 3CX (direct eMail) as the Calendar option and then invite users, they don't receive the email invitation We've tested it a few times. If we schedule it through the O365 calendar, all works as expected.

What am I doing wrong with the 3CX (direct eMail) option?

You know what would be helpful? If you mentioned what SMTP server you were using. That being said judging but the other threads you are likely using O365 but confirmation would be nice.

You have a point there. Yes, I'm using O365. It works well for all other notifications.

Sounds like you are one of those lucky people that SP6 broke with O365. I'd switch to 3CX SMTP for now since 3CX hasn't even acknowledged it as a problem so it might be broken for a while.

Oh, lucky me. Will do. Thank you.

So, I switched to 3CX SMTP and it works.
Question: if I invite internal (3CX) participants, will they have to call in? Or can 3CX call their extension and join them to the conference automatically?

This video makes it sound like internal users are called automatically (0:50 mark)

Question: if I invite internal (3CX) participants, will they have to call in? Or can 3CX call their extension and join them to the conference automatically?
You will need to enable the option "Call participants when the audio conference starts" under Settings / Conference Settings / Audio.

You will need to enable the option "Call participants when the audio conference starts" under Settings / Conference Settings / Audio.

Great. Thank you.

Any drawbacks in disabling the option to "require a conference pin"?
Or can the conference pin be made shorter (2 or 3 digits)?

Any drawbacks in disabling the option to "require a conference pin"?
Or can the conference pin be made shorter (2 or 3 digits)?
If you have a DID assigned to conferencing then anyone calling in will be able to start a conference if you do not use a PIN and you do not want that.
Also you can use a shorter PIN but i would not recommend it as it can be easily guessed.

Makes sense.
Thank you.

I tested the option of automatically calling participants, and it works well.

However, it'd be nice if the option to toggle the feature on/off could be done for each conference call by the organizer of the call. And even better, if we could set it at the participant level (some participants to join automatically, some optionally).

However, it'd be nice if the option to toggle the feature on/off could be done for each conference call by the organizer of the call. And even better, if we could set it at the participant level (some participants to join automatically, some optionally).
I would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Reactions: Frank86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.