• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Upgrading to v15 has screwed everything up and you have no support numnber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User123

Customer
Reaction score
We received an email saying we need to upgrade to v15 or the product we've used for years is going to stop working. In your email you have put:

Upgrade Now - Use our special FREE upgrade and FREE maintenance offer

In order to ease the upgrade process we are giving you a free upgrade to v15.5. That’s right, there is no charge at all to get your system up to date, secure and with lots of new features. In addition, we have extended your maintenance (if expired) until the 31st of October 2018. These are the steps you need to take:

Your upgrade instructions say from v12.5 to keep my settings while upgrading I first have to go through version 14:

• If v12 SP 6.1 you must go to v12.5, then V14 SP3
  • If v12.5 SP2 you must go to v14 SP3
In order to do this I have clicked the option to upgrade to v12.5 sp2. Now I am stuck in the free version. When I try to put in our licence key it says it cannot contact your licence server.

So now our telephone system is down and we are losing money.

I am trying to contact you for this free support but you have no telephone number or email address on your website. I have put in my licence key on your contact page which has given me the contact details of BroadbandBuyer who we originally purchased it off. I have spoken to them and they only sell keys and do not offer support. They are unable to provide me with a telephone number to speak to someone. They've had to resort to google and cannot find any contact details for you too.

We are losing business all the time the telephones are down. I have followed your instructions. Please can someone give me a call immediately and help me get this working.

Still no answer?

No response still?

2 hours later. I can see that your staff are replying to other forum threads and your users are online.

Hello @User123

Please note that to get support you need to reply to the email you received about the upgrade.

Are you now running V12 sp2? If so then you need to upgrade to V14 and then take a backup and move up to V15.5 where your licence will activate.

I replied to that email before posting on this forum. Still no reply.

I was running v12 and then clicked on the option to upgrade to SP2. As per your instructions I was going to upgrade through the versions so I could keep my settings. However, we are now running the free version as our licence key will not activate.

Please note that earlier versions are no longer able to activate due to the certificate change. You need to perform a backup of the system and upgrade to the latest version through the upgrade path. Versions 12.5 and V14 do not require licence activation in order to perform a backup and move to the next version

So until I'm able to do all of this I'm stuck with 1 telephone line and the free version? Why did your upgrade documentation not say this?

Why is your licence server not working? There's no reason to switch it off? What about all the people that do not wish to upgrade but still want to use the software they paid thousands of pounds for?

The email you received clearly states that older versions will not longer be able to activate after September 15th.
On September 15th, 3CX will update the certificates which are required to activate 3CX products. This change is due to numerous reasons. Firstly, the SSL certificates will expire on this date and also there is a conflict between Mozilla/Google and the certificate issuer.
If you try to reactivate the current installation for any reason, reactivation will fail. If you do not upgrade, and you make any changes to the hardware or to the public IP, the PBX will revert to free mode after this date.
As it is also mentioned the certificates of the activation server will be updated so older versions will no longer be able to communicate with the server and re-activate.
The maintenance of your licence has been renewed so you can upgrade for free and keep using your licence with the latest version. For further clarifications please reply to the email you received.

I still haven't received a reply to the first email I sent to that address this morning.

Please explain how updating the certificates would cause this issue anyway? As a web developer when I renew the certificate for my website it causes no issues to clients, so how would changing your certificates affect how older versions connect to the activation server?

Is it not possible to release a small patch for older versions so they accept these new certificates? That would save everyone from having to upgrade through versions 13,14,15 to keep their settings.

From now on, if you try to reactivate your current installation, reactivation will fail. If you do not upgrade, and make any changes to the hardware, the PBX will revert to free mode without the possibility to upgrade to V15.5 SP6 at a later stage.

So if tonight I go through the stages of upgrading to v15 tonight does that mean I will still no longer be able to use my existing licence? I did not reactivate my current licence or change hardware. I used the upgrade built into the service to upgrade as your instructions say?

I've sent another email to your address and still no reply. When are you going to give me the support you promised? Please call me so we can get this sorted.

Still no response to my emails or the above posts.

Have you tried replying to the email they sent you after upgrade?

Yes. 5 times. First sent at 9am this morning. This is a joke.

Right now I'd be happy just to get my current version up and running again.

I don't understand, why don't you just follow the upgrade procedure? When you reach V15.5 then I believe your license should be ok. If you went from 12 to 12.5 then update to 14 and then to 15. It takes literally less than 20 minutes to fully upgrade from 12 to 15. Ignore the license status until you get to the final version.

Reactions: ArtR
I upgraded to SP2 and it has cleared out my key. I followed the upgrade instructions, but as the email says, as soon as you loose your activation you can't reactivate. I don't want to go through v14, v15 if it's going to make the situation worse.

At least you are offering advice though. As you can see they haven't actually said anything like that, otherwise I would have tried it. I would give your idea a go, but I need to get the "official" answer from them before I can proceed, otherwise they might say to me "We didn't tell you to do that".

I can understand your point of view and the stress of having your system down but yes I would follow my advice if I were you as I believe it will solve your problem. If I am not mistaken i have read on another thread that V12.5 and V14 do not try to activate so you are be able to proceed with the installation and backup of the system. I hope you get up and running soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.