• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

cant hear the caller with yealink dect

Status
Not open for further replies.

maarten van dyck

Reaction score
hello,
I have the same issue as below:
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/cant-hear-the-caller-with-yeahlink-dect.56000/

I have a yealink W56P dect base station with W56H phone. the dect base station and phone are NOT on the same LAN, they connect via STUN. I followed the procedures as per 3cx description. provisioning works and registration too. when I call via my android app or iphone app, the dect rings and when I take the call people hear me, yet I cannot hear them.

I already tried clicking the "PBX delivers audio box "but no luck.

besides that I also face the strange thing that after auto provisioning the base station I can't log in anymore with admin admin, but no idea what username and password it became. I tried the extension nr and password I set up in 3cx management but no luck

important to know is that my 3cx server is in a DMZ zone so no ports are blocked, and when I perform the firewall test via management tool all is green. not sure on the client side (dect) I need to open ports? because I didn't need to do that with the fixed yealink T46S phone, which is also configured via STUN, and in the same network

The "PBX delivers Audio" option will "fix" no-audio issues, when using STUN, most times, but not in all cases. It may be the remote router you are behind. Some have a problem keeping the audio ports straight especially if there are multiple devices at the same location. three may also be a setting, on the router that needs to change.

Is there more than one device in use at that location (including any Wifi connected softphones)? Did you assign each a unique local port? Are all devices (extensions set to use PBX Delivers Audio?
What model router is it? Does the router (or router/modem combo) have a built-in ATA?

Hello @maarten van dyck

besides that I also face the strange thing that after auto provisioning the base station I can't log in anymore with admin admin, but no idea what username and password it became. I tried the extension nr and password I set up in 3cx management but no luck
Once the phone is provisioned the phone changed password. The new password can be found under FXS /DECT. Edit your phone and look under "Device Web Page Password". The username is the default.

Regarding the issue the first step is to make sure that the device has unique SIP and RTP ports assigned and those ports are port forwarded to the local IP of the device on the remote firewall.
https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/intermediate/configuring-remote-extensions/

Hello, thanks for all the answers. the strange thing is: it did work for a very short while yesterday. I indeed had 2 other softphones with other extensions in the same network, but even by putting them on 4G, not wireless, it still doesn't work.. the issue is also that there are 2 devices with the same extension number: one is the yealink T46S, the other one is the DECT, both the same extension since they are both used by 2 secretaries at the same time. the main reason why I linked them to the same extension number is the fact that on the DECT you can't configure a "queue in" and "queue out" button. Activating a queue in via the webbrowser all the time isn't handy. SO in this way I can't assign different SIP ports to the 2 devices.

However important to know is, when I did the test, the T46S and the dect were both on a different network on 2 different physical locations, so not in the same LAN. So the fact that it doesn't have a unique SIP port shouldn't have made a difference. besides that, I also configured to test a different extension number that I assigned different SIP port and different audio ports. same issue. the router I used is owned by the telecom provider, and has no ATA build in I Guess.

In that case you will need to use wireshark to troubleshoot the issue. You could run a capture on the PBX and on the phone at the same time and capture the same call. You can then see if audio is sent from the PBX and if it is arriving at the Dect rdevice. Wireshark will also tell you if the correct RTP ports are used.
You could also create a ticket with our support department so they can check the data and see what is causing the issue.

the strange thing is: it did work for a very short while yesterday.

I have found this to be the case, at times, when one of several devices only, has been used at a remote site. As soon as other devices are used, the router becomes confused as to where to send audio packets, and you begin getting the no-audio issue. Resetting/re-powering the router will usually allow you to "start over".

I have a yealink W56P dect base station with W56H phone. the dect base station and phone are NOT on the same LAN, they connect via STUN
Umm I'm a little confused. How can the base station and the phone be on a different LANs? The phone isn't on any LAN at all since its not IP. The base station is IP and then talks to the handset via DECT. Did you mean 3CX and the base station are not on the same LAN?

Regarding the firewall on the station side, yes you will need to forward ports. This is covered in the guide you mentioned:

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/#h.cvjxjvh0o1fx

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/configuring-ip-phones/#h.ul2fzupi6t22/#h.9k3bh09gpbh3

You can usually get away with a single device behind a firewall with no port forwarding but the moment to introduce additional devices they usually start stepping on each other. But you should always forward the ports otherwise you get the threads which pop up all the time saying "it worked last week and now it doesn't" . The other option and the recommendation of anyone who does this for a living is to use a SBC when you have more than one device behind a firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.