• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

488 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
All phones and PBX on same LAN segment, same building.
199 called 108.
1 ring - then busy signal.
Call right back and it works fine.

I thought 488 was usually due to a Codec error - but since second call worked right away with no changed I am questioning it.

Phones are Grandstream 21xx series.

10/16/2018 1:16:05 PM - Leg L:345.1[Extn:199] is terminated: Cause: BYE from PBX
10/16/2018 1:16:05 PM - Leg L:345.2[Extn:108] is terminated: Cause: 488 Not Acceptable Here/INVITE from 192.168.3.23:5060
10/16/2018 1:16:05 PM - L:345.1[Extn:199] failed to reach Extn:108, reason Not Acceptable HereReason Unknown
10/16/2018 1:16:05 PM - Call to T:Extn:108@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060] from L:345.1[Extn:199] failed, cause: Cause: 488 Not Acceptable Here/INVITE from 192.168.3.23:5060
10/16/2018 1:16:05 PM - [CM503003]: Call(C:345): Call to <sip:[email protected]:5060> has failed; Cause: 488 Not Acceptable Here/INVITE from 192.168.3.23:5060
10/16/2018 1:16:02 PM - [CM505001]: Endpoint Extn:108: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Grandstream GXP2130 1.0.9.102 000b827648ad] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
10/16/2018 1:16:02 PM - [CM503002]: Call(C:345): Alerting Extn:108 by contact <sip:[email protected]:5060>

Can you replicate...first call always fails, second one works? Calls only to one particular set, only from one set? If you replace the common denominator, does it change?

Still early in research - and random reports from different people. sometimes the caller tells me - sometimes the callee tells me. This time it happened to me. All phones GS 2130 or 2170 so far.

Upgrade the firmware. Pretty sure I posted this in another thread with a similar issue.

Code:
BUG FIX
 Fixed Phone responds 488 to INVITE incorrectly

That's from the 1.0.9.108 firmware available direct from GS

And... forgive my ignorance - how do I go about loading a non-3cx Firmware on 100 phones?
When I click +Firmware, it shows I am on latest and greatest...

The official answer is via the alternative firmware feature 3CX added in SP4 or SP5 although I've never used it. The hack method would be to overwrite the current firmware file on your system.

And I don't think I would call you ignorant. I was simply surprised you hadn't seen the other thread since you're on here quite a bit!

I took 10 days off for R&R with the family. ;)

Yeah I need to take 10 days away from my family too! o_O

Anyone from 3cx confirm this is a valid fix?
When will 3cx push new firmware?

Had the same issue with 3 different customers. Updated the firmware, fixed the issue.

I decided to overwrite the firmware in the provisioning folders on the different servers. I also updated the .json files to reflect the newer firmware numbers, so there wouldn't be any errors about incompatible firmware. Still waiting for 3CX to push the new firmware officially.

/var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/XXXXXXXXXX/firmware_new/grandstream

Overwrite the gxp2170.bin with the newer version.

Edit firmwares.json,
Changed the following fields to match the new firmware number.
"Version":
"ServerVersion":
"LocalVersion":

Reboot the server, and update the phones.

Please note that we are currently testing a newer firmware version that the one that is currently available. If all tests are completed successfully by us and Grandstream the new firmware will be released soon. Unfortunately since this is still under testing we cannot provide you with an ETA.

Reactions: craigreilly
Oh, well I guess I'm glad to see this isn't just me. I guess I should stop changing trunks and codecs and everything else before my phones don't work at all.

This affects 1780's as well FYI, or there is something legitimately wrong with my setup.

Followed these instructions:
Had the same issue with 3 different customers. Updated the firmware, fixed the issue.

I decided to overwrite the firmware in the provisioning folders on the different servers. I also updated the .json files to reflect the newer firmware numbers, so there wouldn't be any errors about incompatible firmware. Still waiting for 3CX to push the new firmware officially.

/var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/XXXXXXXXXX/firmware_new/grandstream

Overwrite the gxp2170.bin with the newer version.

Edit firmwares.json,
Changed the following fields to match the new firmware number.
"Version":
"ServerVersion":
"LocalVersion":

Reboot the server, and update the phones.

That did the trick. 3cx server is now issuing the new firmware and the error seems to be corrected.
Thanks for the info!

Please note that we are currently testing a newer firmware version that the one that is currently available. If all tests are completed successfully by us and Grandstream the new firmware will be released soon. Unfortunately since this is still under testing we cannot provide you with an ETA.

any update to this @YiannisH_3CX ?

Reactions: Bronston Hansen
That's a pretty critical bug fix. I would say it's worth accelerating the approval.

And risk introducing a different but which folks will then complain about?

Reactions: craigreilly
Not really. I said accelerate, as in add more testing resources, not deploy immediately. Besides the firmware is already tested and published by grandstream and the prior version was 3cx approved with a serious bug.

Exactly. The buggy version was also tested and published by Grandstream which didn't work out so well. And as Yiannis said they are currently testing one newer than the current Grandstream published one.

Just need more people to test. I'm sinking over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.