• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Help! Chrome & Phones Unregistered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Jackson

Reaction score
Hi all

Problems today!

I was asked to change voicemail pin yesterday so I did, little did I know upon clicking OK on the Extension page Chrome has autofilled the Phone Password which changed the phone to unregistered, I've updated the Phones password in the WEB ui to what 3CX now says it is (Thanks to Chrome) but phones are saying 'Registering' and thats it!

Why are the phones not registering with the updated password on accounts page?

Hello @Chris Jackson

Since the password was changed in the management console the phones need to be re-provisioned to be able to use the new password. Also make sure that their IPs are not blacklisted as wrong authentications could cause the management console to blacklist them

Reactions: nub
Hello @Chris Jackson

Since the password was changed in the management console the phones need to be re-provisioned to be able to use the new password. Also make sure that their IPs are not blacklisted as wrong authentications could cause the management console to blacklist them

Bang on the money, the phones where blacklisted so even trying to reprovision wouldn't work - removed from the blacklist and all is now well again in the world!!! thanks for the advice!

Glad i could assist and to see the issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.