• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cant change timezone on Grandstream GPX1630

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Tingate

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have just rolled a new 3cx system with Grandstream GPX1630
i have configured all timezones to be +10 Melbourne time in phone settings, parametres. have also tried re provisioning but all phones show
GMT-05:00 (Eastern Time) for timezone

i have attached the config for phone
not sure where else i can change this

Attachments

• phone config.txt
    198.9 KB · Views: 2
  • timzone1.PNG
    timzone1.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 6
  • timezone2.PNG
    timezone2.PNG
    55.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello @Steven Tingate

Please revert all changes done in the parameters section of the PBX and then try to reprovision the phones. Try adding a blf and see if that is applied on the phone or not. If it does then t should apply the timezone as well.

hi
completed that
i tried adding a blf and rebboting the phone, it added the blf but timezone stays the same

Please make sure that the phones can reach pool.ntp.org (port 123) and that the dns used at that site can resolve pool.ntp.org

Hi

yes they can, all outbound traffic is allowed out

even if i change the timezone on the phone and the self defined time zone it reoslves it but changes back sometime later. guess this is coming from 3cx ?

even if i change the timezone on the phone and the self defined time zone it reoslves it but changes back sometime later. guess this is coming from 3cx ?
The phone will re-provision every 24 hours so any changes done manually will revert back. Can you send us a screenshot of your current settings in the parameters as well as another config file? Also can you include a screenshot from the phones web UI showing the Date and Time settings?

hi please find attached as requested

Attachments

• parametres 1.PNG
    parametres 1.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 2
  • phone config.txt
    199.7 KB · Views: 1
  • phone system info.PNG
    phone system info.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 3
Is the phone actually on GMT -5 or is that just displayed there? How off is the time on the device? I am asking as my device also has the same timezone displayed there so i do not think this is an issue and we recently found an issue with DST on Grandstream phones which Grandstream is already aware off and trying to fix. If the phone is off by an hour please choose a different timezone for the phones like Hobart for now until the issue is resolved.

Hi

yes time it out by an hour, its MElbourne time, where do i choose the different timezone ?

You can set the timezone for each phone under Extension settings / Phone provisioning and selecting a different timezone.

thank! that seems to have fixed it setting it to hobart

so i just need to wait ?

thank! that seems to have fixed it setting it to hobart

so i just need to wait ?
Glad to see that fixed the issue. The fix for this will probably be included in the next Grandstream firmware update so we need to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RTYYU908
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.