• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

windows soft client fails to register after update to latest sp6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Free User
Reaction score
i updated from 15.5.3849 all the way to 15.5.15502.6 sp6 and now my windows soft client gets stuck on registering........
i've restarted all services, and reconfigured the client by deleting the old account and sending a new welcome mail but still the same.
the softclient is sitting on the same machine as the server. prior to the update it registered without issue.

any ideas

Have you tried registering on another machine to rule things out?

Have you tried registering on another machine to rule things out?
I have not tried on another machine but will do that in a bit and see what happens.
Incidentally, when I did connect to the updated PBX for the first time using the old soft client, it did notify me that there is an update for the soft client. I proceeded with the update and that's when it got stuck on registering......

my android client connected without issue (15.5.342.392)

You really shouldn't have the client running on the same machine...

i took a look in the phones section and noticed that the new version soft client was listed there and not associated to the correct extension. i assigned it to the correct extension and the soft client registered and is working now.

cobaltit, any reason not to run the soft client on the server?

by the way this is a test setup that i use to check new releases before updating my production environment.

thanks

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution. Let us know if you face any more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.