• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved DDI no longer going to extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Wynne

Reaction score
Hello,

I am getting issues recently in that our DDI numbers no longer connect to the designated extensions. We use a Windows PC based 3CX v15.5 sp6 deployment, and I think that before SP6 was installed (Sun 23rd Sept I think for us), if you dialled a non IVR Auto Attendant phone number, the inbound rules sent it to a defined extension. Now it dumps all these (we have 6) into the IVR. If you type a known extension number it will bypass the IVR and go to an extension.
What has changed? We rarely make many changes, and am mystified on this completely.

The DDI's are all defined on the single SIP Trunk as before, I have tried modifying the format, and nothing makes any difference. The inbound rules are the same as before as well.

Anyone got anything I could run with?

Chris

Hello @Chris Wynne

Are all calls landing on the main trunk number destination? If so then that means that the PBX cannot match the inbound call to a an inbound rule. Nothing has changed in this regard between SP5 and SP6 but your provider might have changed the SIP field the called number is sent or the format of the number. Check the activity log for the Invite message and try to identify the format of the called number and the SIP field the called number is sent to

As Yiannish_3CX has suggested, and I concur, it's likely that the numbers being presented to 3CX from your carrier probably cannot be matched to your inbound rules. Most often this is because you are not using wildcards.

Rather than creating your DID as a simple 10 digit number, you should try something like *1234567 (omitting the first 3 digits). This will instruct 3CX to compare only the last 7 digits.

I have found some carriers will present numbers with different formats. For example, one call may be 1234567890, the next 11234567890, and the next +11234567890. Without the use of a wildcard, some or all calls will not match an inbound rule and default to the rule specified for the trunk.

Hello all and thanks for these tips.

I have checked the inbound rules and replaced a DDI with wildcard and no change.
The verbose activity log is massive! We are only using 6 extensions but the amount of log for each call seems enormous. Can I share a part of the logs with the group? Finding the SIP header or INVITE part of it is shrouded in other activity any of which might point to something. The inbound call still goes to the trunk assigned destination which is our IVR.

Chris

Hello all and thanks for these tips.

I have checked the inbound rules and replaced a DDI with wildcard and no change.
The verbose activity log is massive! We are only using 6 extensions but the amount of log for each call seems enormous. Can I share a part of the logs with the group? Finding the SIP header or INVITE part of it is shrouded in other activity any of which might point to something. The inbound call still goes to the trunk assigned destination which is our IVR.

Chris
If you copy the log into Wordpad then use the Edit/Replace to change any sensitive information then Upload the log as a file.

You can also use the activity log filter to limit the logs to 1 call.

Hello,
This is now solved.... Very embarrassingly I found out that a well meaning colleague had changed the Trunk Inbound parameters: Caller Number/Name Field Mapping
!!!!!
As this is an area that I never change and have never needed to look at. I did not spot that it had changed at all.

Crisis over but thanks to all who contributed.

Chris

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.