• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Trouble with PUSH notifications to wake up Android and IOS phone apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Wynne

Reaction score
Hello,

We have had the IOS and Android 3CX Client apps installed for some time on the v15.5 3CX system running under Windows. We use a dedicated Spitfire supplied router, and their broadband, and are using the spitfire SIP trunk provision. We are not allowed to alter the firewall....

In recent weeks, we have found that these apps do not wake up any more, when the extension is called - we use ring groups so that any engineer can pick up incoming calls on their mobile 3cx client, but most of the time this does not wake up the phone.

That said it can occasionally wake up the app - but it's very rare. The 3cx client on Windows works fine every time - it's the mobile devices that don't work any more. If you wake up the app manually then check incoming calls they are listed!!

The extensions are set to enable PUSH, plus I tried yesterday to use a Firebase project as advised in the 3CX system. I am convinced this was working but something may have changed? Not sure where to turn and it's driving me nuts…. Also making the team 'always available' is becoming very unreliable.

Might sound a bit vague but I see this is not uncommon?

Chris

Is the Spitfire router just used by spirtfire sip trunks or does it allow Sip and internet traffic ?. or do you have another router for internet access

If you do check your wan ip address (www.ipchicken) on the 3cx server does it router by the Spitfire router.

Have you tried reprovisoning the clients, by sending the welcome email

In order for push to work, you need the following ports on

Port 443 (outbound, TCP) for Google Android Push:
Port 2195, 2196 (outbound, TCP) for Apple iOS Push

I can verify that there is the one router yes, and it provides Internet via Spitfire, and delivers SIP trunk on the same system. There are only Yealink T26 phones on the lan.

I attach the result from IPChicken which verifies our external IP. As the apps both work when alive, and show the missed calls, it seems weird that the phone does not wake up? We don't have the luxury of checking ports on the router, but we can make a request for changes.
We can manage the 3CX using the external address so I know 443 is open. No idea about 2195, 2196....

Chris

Attachments

• 3cx router.png
    3cx router.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 3
@Chris Wynne

In addition to what @Saqqara said, a quick way to check the PUSH "communication channel" for iOS is chat; so, from any other client (Windows, for instance) send a chat message to an iOS client - if the chat notification is shown on locked device, then the iOS-related PBX ports, certificates etc, are OK.

However, keep in mind:
- ios device should NOT be both locked and "do not disturb".
- ios app should be allowed to display notifications (in device settings /3CX)
- if PBX is 15.5 V6, be sure chat feature is enabled (is a PBX global setting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.