• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Waechter

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have a small call center with the users setup as a group, I have one of the members as a manager. Is there a way to allow this manager of the group to allow access to call recordings but only for his group? He has access to the admin console but doesn't see the call recordings.
upload_2018-10-18_9-22-28.png

I do have his extension checked to allow access to management console and Allow downloads of call recordings.
upload_2018-10-18_9-19-20.png
Under the phone provisioning tab he has access to call recordings under 3CX client but can only see his own recordings.

Hello @business54

Please note that when you give someone access to call recordings than that users has access to all call recordings. The way the access works is through call reports. The user can Generate a report which has links to call recordings. So the user will have to generate reports for his group to have access to those recordings.
The 3CX client will only display the recordings for that extension.

Reactions: Matt Waechter
Very good...I have tested this and it works like you said. Thank you for that insight. :)

Glad i could assist

YiannisH one more question; Is there a way to record calls at the queue level (so once the call hits the queue it is recorded even through transfers)? This would make it so we don't have to disclose call might be recorded when someone calls a DID.

One of the requirements you mentioned was the ability to limit what recordings the manager can access. Our Recording Manager allows you to limit what recordings the manager can access to only those extensions in the group they manage, rather than giving them access to all recordings. I encourage you to take a look at our add-on, it has many more enhancements for working with recordings.

Is there a way to record calls at the queue level (so once the call hits the queue it is recorded even through transfers)? This would make it so we don't have to disclose call might be recorded when someone calls a DID.
This is currently not possible as the recordings are done on an extension level in 3CX. That means that an extension has to be involved in the call for the call to be able to be recorded. So if the call is not answered by a queue member then the recording cannot start.
I would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Reactions: Matt Waechter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.