• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No outgoing audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorourke09

Reaction score
We are having an intermittent issue where outgoing calls have no audio in either direction. Inbound calls and internal calls have no issues. It happens about once every couple of weeks and a reboot of the PBX fixes the issue.

We are running ver. 15.5.15502.6 and it passed the firewall checker. I didn't see anything in the Event Log.
And we are using Yealink T4x phones.

Thanks.

There was an increase in the ports used for voice. Your port forwarding would have had to have been updated. There have been a number of posts recently on this subject.

https://www.3cx.com/docs/ports/

The firewall Checker should show this.

Ruh roh.. I started a trend :)

@Rorourke09

Have you run the firewall test AFTER updating to SP6?

Hello @Rorourke09

Please run the firewall checker again and make sure that all RTP ports pass the test. As the issue is only with outbound calls only however i am thinking that the issue may be elsewhere.
Is the PBX on premise or hosted? Also how are the phones local or remote to the PBX? When the issue occurs have you tried calling from a 3CX client and see if that works?

Yes, I ran the firewall check just before I posted here and it passed. The PBX is on premise and the phones are local. We have not tried calling from a client when the outbound calls aren't working.

When the issue starts, is it affecting all outbound calls until you restart the server?

Yes, that seems to be the case.

Have you tried running diags on your firewall during this time to capture what route your traffic is taking?

Yes, that seems to be the case.
The easiest way to troubleshoot this is to run a wireshark capture at the time this starts and try an outbound call. Check if the ports and IPs are correct and audio is going where it's supposed to go.
Alternatively you could create a ticket with our support department and provide them the necessary information so they can look into the issue.

Ok. I'll give this a try next time we have the issue.

Keep us updated and let us know if you require any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.