• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New user, question regarding sending DTMF from webclient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Östergren

Reaction score
Hello, our company has just started to look into using 3cx, both on mobile, and also using the web client.
So far we are well pleased, but one issue I've found that when I call my bank self service number, it connects just fine, but sending DTMF does not, at least not for me. The tones are generated, fed back to my head phones, but are not heard by the B-party, the bank IVR, nothing happens. The same test from the mobile client works just fine, and as expected. Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, I did search the forums.
Laptop is using Linux Mint, Tara, FireFox 62.0.3, not that I would think that it matters per-se.

Would appreciate any input you might have.

Best Regards,
/Dennis

Hello @Dennis Östergren

Are you using the web client to control an IP Phone or as a standalone phone?

Using a normal Samsung GSM phone, with the 3CX mobile client.

Might well have misunderstood the question, in this particular instance, I'm using the web client as a standalone phone in this case, trying to use DTMF from the web client. Everything works just fine from the mobile Android client.

There may be a mismatch in the DTMF Method set in the client, and that used by your provider. If only set to send audio DTMF, then using a low bit rate Codec at some point may cause issues. You may want to try changing the out-of-band method used

Might well have misunderstood the question, in this particular instance, I'm using the web client as a standalone phone in this case, trying to use DTMF from the web client. Everything works just fine from the mobile Android client.
Can you replicate this behaviour internally? try creating an Digital receptionist and calling it from the web client and see if DTMF tones work there. IF they do they should also work for the provider as it is the PBX who receives the DTMF from the web client and sends them to the provider.

I just tried calling our internal receptionist, the same number that our customers call, tried to click 1 for swedish, or 2 for english, didn't work there either. Also tried from a Windows environment, and both with Chrome and Firefox.
Almost makes me think that there's something very fundamental I'm doing wrong here, or that there's a check box that needs checking. :)

Not loosing too much sleep over this, in a work setting with what we do, it's rarely, if at all needed, it's more of an annoyance, and as said before, it works 100% of the time from the 3CX mobile client for Android.

Since the option to enable WebRTC on the client is enabled and working DTMF tones should also work. Try from a different machine running windows and see if that works. Also try disabling any A/V software you might have running and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.