• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Different outbound CallerID on transfers to mobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitrickzul

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Our old IP system was able to change the CID and Name of a call (internal or external) when forwarded to a mobile.

Internal calls were formatted: EXT NAME - 00000ext# which was either, that person calling you directly or that person transferring a call to your extension and then being redirected to a mobile.
External calls that would directly dial your extension once hitting the IVR would simply keep their originating name and number.

Would something like this be possible with 3CX?

Right now, all im able to do is keep the originating CID but the name is still our company name.

Hey guys,

Our old IP system was able to change the CID and Name of a call (internal or external) when forwarded to a mobile.

Internal calls were formatted: EXT NAME - 00000ext# which was either, that person calling you directly or that person transferring a call to your extension and then being redirected to a mobile.
External calls that would directly dial your extension once hitting the IVR would simply keep their originating name and number.

Would something like this be possible with 3CX?

Right now, all im able to do is keep the originating CID but the name is still our company name.

I have seen in 3CX where a call transferred to a mobile can keep the originating caller ID, but from what I understand it all depends on the SIP trunk provider (or phone carrier.) Some allow any caller ID, some only allow from a number you own.

This is something I tested when a customer of mine who may get a 3CX phone system from me inquired about. They use their mobiles heavily, and when a customer gets transferred to them, they want to see that on their caller ID.

Hello @pitrickzul

Please note that the PBX is capable of forwarding the originators caller ID and callers came however your provider must support this and the trunk must be setup correctly to do so. Are you using a 3CX supported provider or a not supported one?

Hello,

I am using VoicemeUP (Canada) and so far i can forward the name and number but the issue is that it now works for mobiles but when i dial out, the CID Name is now the extension name and the company number instead of the company name..

It feels like i can't have it both ways

I am using VoicemeUP (Canada) and so far i can forward the name and number but the issue is that it now works for mobiles but when i dial out, the CID Name is now the extension name and the company number instead of the company name..

It feels like i can't have it both ways
Since you have the trunk to forward the CallersName then it will always show the originators caller name. So you are correct in saying that you cannot have it both ways. You will need a second trunk to be able to have the correct name and number during direct calls.

Since you have the trunk to forward the CallersName then it will always show the originators caller name. So you are correct in saying that you cannot have it both ways. You will need a second trunk to be able to have the correct name and number during direct calls.

How would i configure that to work? Transfers to mobile use the same outbound rules as regular calls right?

Yes but you could use a prefix for regular or transferred and remove it through the outbound rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.