• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Randomly dropped calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvsoft

Customer
Reaction score
Hello and greetings,

2 weeks now I am getting randomly dropped calls after random time. As we are speaking to someone the line on the other side closes but our side is still open. The call continues for us and we end up talking to no one in the end as there is noone on the other side.

The message I get from the log is:
10/19/2018 4:03:12 PM - Leg L:1378.4[Extn:105] is terminated: Cause: BYE from 192.168.168.25:58744

What can I do to find a solution to our problem?

Thank you in advaced.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Hello @gvsoft

Are you using a Voip provider or a gateway for calls? Also what PBX version are you running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard, under the Information column next to the licence version. For example 15.5.15502.6.
Is it a hosted or an on premise installation? Did you pass the firewall checker successfully? Do you face issues with extension to extension calls?

We are using a Voip provider (Cyta). PBX version is 15.5.15502.6.
License is hosted on our server.
Firewall has an issue 3CX SIP Server:

• detecting SIP ALG... detected (sent 8e9be823 ≠ e4dc4978, received 2b328b3f ≠ aff3230b)
  • testing port 5060... full cone test failed
We are not facing problems with internal calls of I know off.

Is there any way someone could help with this or is it a IT problem? Or do we need support for our 3cx license?

I would start by logging, as best as possible, when this happens. Then go back in the 3CX Activity Log, to see if there is a common denominator for the reason, the call dropped.

I would also look into correcting the Firewall Checker issues. What type of Firewall/Router are you using. Others may have some suggested setting changes.

If this only began a couple of weeks ago, what changed just before that?

Unless your VoIP provider is on a separate NIC with dedicated service (not going through firewall) then resolving your firewall checker issues is step 1.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Turn off SIP ALG on your router

Unless your VoIP provider is on a separate NIC with dedicated service (not going through firewall) then resolving your firewall checker issues is step 1.

My SIP provider as said is on a separate NIC with a dedicated service.
I phoned and they ensurred me that the SIP ALG is off.

I know and I even sent them the screenshot.

No we have no control on the SIP provider router.

As stated above, is there anything at all that changed around the time you started to have problems?

My provider had problems a couple of weeks ago and we think that thats when the "droping calls" started to begin but the firewall issue existed before that.

Can you have a look under SIP Trunk Options and make sure "Supports re-invites" is unchecked?

Failing that I suspect this is something you need to troubleshoot in partnership with Cyta.

It is unchecked.:(
I am waiting for a drop call so I can call my provider because they have left a trace open on their end.

Reactions: Lee Cramman
You could try manually configuring a phone to connect directly to your provider without being routed through 3CX. If calls still drop then it's the provider end that's the problem.

edit: Also, can you confirm phones are supported and have up-to-date firmware?

The firewall checker failing is not a part of the issue here as the firewall checker will check the primary internet connection not the dedicated NIC the provider is using.
Are you using Cyta Cyprus or Cyta GR and what is your registrar name ?

Cyta GR.
What do you mean by registrar name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.