• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Status of Analog Lines on Yealinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alehandro

Reaction score
Please forgive my competency since I am new to 3CX.
My friend's business has a 3cx phone system and they have an analog gateway (Wellgate 2540) that talks to their 3cx server onsite. They would like a way to show all incoming lines (2 Analogs) and whether they are currently in use. I poked around in the BLF section, but do not see a setting for monitoring an analog line, just extensions.
Can someone shed some light on how this should be achieved? They use Yealink T41S Phones.

Thanks in advance!

No real easy way to accomplish that since it's a native VoIP system. Why do they need to see if the lines are in use? Are they trying to save a line for incoming calls or something?

The problem they are experiencing is when they pickup the handset to dial a number, they get a dial tone. Then dial an outbound number to get a busy signal because both lines are in use. I know its a little petty, but it seems like there should be a way to view on the handsets the current status of the analog lines, not just the extensions in-house in use. Thoughts?

On the T41S phones, give them BLF keys to show the other extensions. That way when they see two phones in use generally they will know people are talking. It's not perfect since (a) they may have to scroll on a T41S display and (b) it doesn't factor in internal calls but it will help.

Alternatively you can give them the 3cx webclient and they can see if there are two external calls in use.

If they are having ongoing issues with placing outside calls, then it is time to add additional trunks. Having to wait, until a line is clear, then "jumping on it" before someone else does, isn't the best way to run a business. They might consider moving all numbers to VoIP. The savings may cover the additional trunks

Last edited:
Reactions: craigreilly
Thanks everyone for the help! I was thinking the same recommendation moving to VOIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.