• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Locked out of hosted 3cx pbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanCTS

Reaction score
This summer I decided to experiment with 3cx for personal use (as I've deployed it for businesses in several environments) and went through the signup and got it setup within 30 minutes via the free hosting. Pretty sure it is/was hosted on Google Cloud.

I can get to the login page fine.
https://sjs.3cx.us/

However, now I cannot seem to sign into it a few months later All the information which I have documented does not seem to work. I kept all the original emails and I've tried to use the forgot password option... however the email never comes through. (However, I know it did work at one point in the summer as extension emails were sent/received).

I can login to the customer.3cx.com portal fine and see my key / url.

Of course, now my IP is blacklisted for 30 minutes each time I attempt. As it was a free hosting, I don't have any support tickets.

I've logged into all my google accounts, and I don't see that my free trial for Google Cloud Platform has begun, which would be odd. If I need to blow this away, I can delete, but I think it'll also kill off my 1 year free hosting.

Suggestions?

Hi,

What happens when you type the credentials you think should work, any error messages?

Don't believe there is a forgotten password for the management console, assuming that is what you are trying to get to?

Just the usual invalid user/password error.

Yes, I am trying to access the management console. However my primary extension ‘should’ also have most access as well, and I’m unable to login to that as well.

Another oddity is that the let’s encrypt ssl cert doesn’t seem to be working, when viewing the login page in Safari or Chrome , shows insecure, even though the cert should be valid till December.

The 3Cx Google Hosted instance gets deleted automatically if you do not use it for a few months and have a SIP trunk setup and are making calls. This is explained during the setup process. I recommend using the free credit that comes with any gmail account and you can host it free of charge in your own Google Cloud Account. In this case follow this guide how to setup a PBX in google cloud. Its also available for Amazon and Azure. In my view Google Cloud is the easiest and you can use this Cloud account for anything.

Ahh. Thanks Nik. Figured it probably would, just was surprised that my url was still valid. Thank you for taking the time to answer on the weekend.

Ahh. Thanks Nik. Figured it probably would, just was surprised that my url was still valid. Thank you for taking the time to answer on the weekend.
Although the free hosting instance has been deleted due to inactivity your licence is still valid and bound to the FQDN you chose. The IP you were using however is probably being used by a different phone system. So although you were able to reach a management console that was probably not your management console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.