• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Check it out! Improved Chat and UI in the new iOS and Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonidasG_3CX

Support Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Your senses are sure to be tickled with the latest visual improvements and functional changes in the 3CX apps for Android and iOS. The chat feature is now better, faster and easier and parts of the UI have been improved and decluttered in preparation for even more future UI improvements. The Improved Chat Feature The massive improvements we have ma...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Want to elevate a group chat to an audio conference? you can do this instantly by simply pressing the in-built “call” button in your group chat. In a one-on-one chat, this button will simply call the other party.*
I didn't find the "call" button (IOS)

Last edited:
Not sure about using the name "Messages" on the main screen. Users are going to confuse it with voicemail messages since most do not even know that 3CX has chat functionality (all our clients use other services for chat/IM).

No call button in Chat.

How to close app with ignoring push messages? As working on office, its annoying when mobile client and PC client are ringing simultaneously all the time. To switch push messages on and off via Extentsions settings for every user, who moving around, is not thinkable.

seguo perchè dall'ultimo aggiornamento dell'app android hai premuto il tasto di escita ignorando i push (chiamate in arrivo) cosa molto utile se si è in ufficio e si usa il telefono fisso ..
La cosa migliore secondo me era la possibilità di passare dall'app ignorando le chiamate in ingresso anche per gli iphone che alcuni clienti mi hanno chiesto.

Reactions: Vahur
Reactions: Ronin
where to find the call button in chat rooms? (3cx client for ios)

I would like the option back in the menu to "exit and ignore push". I'm sure i'm now going to start getting calls and emails from all my customers that use the android app :-(
Why was this removed when it was mentioned in the beta release that it is a wanted feature.

*Want to elevate a group chat to an audio conference? you can do this instantly by simply pressing the in-built “call” button in your group chat. In a one-on-one chat, this button will simply call the other party.*
I didn't find the "call" button (IOS)

This is not available yet on iOS. It's only available on Android. It will become available on iOS too soon.

How to close app with ignoring push messages? As working on office, its annoying when mobile client and PC client are ringing simultaneously all the time. To switch push messages on and off via Extentsions settings for every user, who moving around, is not thinkable.

In order to ignore PUSH calls, you'll need to set yourself to DND mode.
In order to ignore PUSH calls & notifications in specific, you'll need to disable your account on your phone by tap-hold your account and selecting "Deactivate".

In an upcoming version of the 3CX PBX, DND will properly ignore PUSH calls & notifications. Possibly the ability to set working hours in which to auto-set DND on or off may be something you'll be seeing.

It is ridiculously difficult to totally exit this application. Absolutely unusable until it's fixed! Most of my people use the app when they're away from their office for a bit and don't want to miss an important call. But they don't want it beating them down when they're back at their desk and cant close the app. They say - more trouble than it's worth, how do I go back to the older version?

Reactions: cjtrevor
We will discuss the exit without PUSH internally. We understand the use case. In a nutshell you use it to silence the app whilst in the office??

Most of our customers have hard phones or soft phones on their PCs / Mac's. But they also use their smartphone when they are not at the desk.

Since the update lots of customers call us and want to know how to disable incoming calls on their smartphones, because the desk phone and the smart phone are ringing at the same time.

Consequence: Our customers uninstall 3CX from their smartphone :-(

One more thing about the chat:
Most of our customers use Slack, Hipchat or other IM apps. Right now the chat application of 3CX is really bad compared to these apps. The usability is awful, no groups, no file exchange and no emoticons. And there are no integration APIs either. Especially REST API is a must if 3CX wants to be a serious competitor in the chat business. Honestly, the 3CX chat application does not provide customer value.

Reactions: Ronin
We will discuss the exit without PUSH internally. We understand the use case. In a nutshell you use it to silence the app whilst in the office??

In a nutshell exit without push is to enable stop phone ringing on mobile when the user has finished the task that prompted them to open the app in the first place.

For desk based employees they may only open the app once a month or once a week when a real need arises and they are out of the office. After that need is complete, either making a call or being available to receive an expected urgent call, or maybe to be available when ill at home or caring for a sick child, etc, then they need to close the app with no push so that their mobile is now back to being their personal mobile again without any work calls.

Because this type of user uses the app so rarely, it needs to be very simple for them. Anything like disabling the account, delving into menu options, DND or something that also affects their office phone, will mean this type of user just uninstall the app and manage without it.

This is not available yet on iOS. It's only available on Android. It will become available on iOS too soon.

In order to ignore PUSH calls, you'll need to set yourself to DND mode.
In order to ignore PUSH calls & notifications in specific, you'll need to disable your account on your phone by tap-hold your account and selecting "Deactivate".

In an upcoming version of the 3CX PBX, DND will properly ignore PUSH calls & notifications. Possibly the ability to set working hours in which to auto-set DND on or off may be something you'll be seeing.

Result our users will uninstall the app now, they dont want to use mobile and client at the same time on the office. If 5 people are in on room and all there Cell phone will ring and Clients/phones you can imagine what a sound chaos that would be. I think the idea is not worked out properly

Exit - Ignores PUSH has been added back to the app.
Please download the latest version.

Reactions: Mwamba
Exit - Ignores PUSH has been added back to the app.
Please download the latest version.

Thank you very much for your fast wrong way detection ;-)

This was very necessary and is the only way to avoid removing the app from the devices.

Stefan

Yes, most of our users don't use the app because of this annoyance, and the ones who do, tend to ask for it on a separate extension.
The Microsoft Teams app detects when you are at your desktop and when you aren't, and it only sends push notifications to your mobile device if you are inactive at your desktop, this works remarkably well, not sure if possible with web client though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.