• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Andriod - Busy when on GSM call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven Witlox

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi All,

When the function "Busy when on GSM call" is enabled, calls are still presented to the 3CX cliënt.

When i'm busy on a GSM call, every 3CX is signalled with tone reminder. Settings on the cliënt such
as do not "accept multiple calls" do not make any difference.

I have noticed that this function is entirely not available on iOS.

We are using:

3CX V15 SP6
Andriod 7.0
3CX Andriod app version 15.5.345.642 & 15.5.344.492 (both have the same issue)

Busy on GSM call.

1) On Android, on specific devices, this feature may not work at all. This is simply an Android phone limitation. For this reason we've went ahead and added the option that allows you to "Enable/Disable" this.
Starting from Android 8.0 for a very small amount of devices out there, real support for handling this types of call scenarios has been added. We're working on supporting this at least for those few devices. I'm fairly sure that all vendors will eventually add support for this feature at which point so will we.

2) On iOS this feature is automatic and not configurable by the user. The operating system doesn't allow you to change this at all. So why add an option for this in your 3CX iOS client settings? No point.

Reactions: Sven Witlox
Hi Leonidas,

Thank you for your quick response and clear explanation!

I will reply this to our cliënt and close this thread

Sven, iOS provides unified integration between all CallKit-able applications (FaceTime, Phone, 3CX, WhatsApp, Viber etc). Therefore, it allows me to decide what's more important between the current GSM call with the pizza delivery guy and the incoming 3CX call from my CEO.

@Vali, I know which call I will prefer :)

I must say the iOS call-kit integration works really well. It was the reason for me to switch from
Andriod to iPhone.

Reactions: Vali_3CX
There's a CallKit for Android, it's still very new and not compatible with all devices.
We're working on implementing this into our 3CX Android Client.

It's pretty obvious that Google is trying to catch up to Apple on this, so with time it's likely that all Android devices will have proper full CallKit support. 3CX will be ready for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.