• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hybrid on premises&cloud scenario ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piper

Reaction score
I do not know if following scenario can be realized with 3CX.

The main pbx shall be on premises as the trunk is established there and cannot be moved to a cloud provider without major costs and difficult contract split up. Anyway I prefer to have the big bunch of ip phones linked within the local lan instead of internet connections and firewall pass throughs.
That leadsto my primary question.
I would like to have all mobile users connect to a cloud based 3cx that is linked to the primary on premises 3CX
so that mobile users do not need to have a firewall pass through or a vpn client running and we are not pulishing any connections of the pbx to the internet except the connection to the cloud based pbx to link it to the main pbx. so the pass through will be limited to well known ip adresses and ports.
Will this be possible without any tricks and sonfiguratuions unusual to the 3cx system ?

Yes

Sure. Spin up a cloud pbx and bridge it to your on-prem system. Add the mobiles as extensions of the cloud system.

You should use 3CX pro licensees so you get bridge presence and other Pro features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.