• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Linksys SPA8000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr. Andrew Boyd

Reaction score
For the love of all that is holy, please someone help me lol.

I inherited an SPA8000 and I wanted to connect it to my 3CX setup. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere online exactly how to set this up. Please someone, please point me in teh right direction as how to configure this device!

Youd best buy a supported gateway from Patton or Grandstream - its not very expensive. Alternatively make the move to a SIP trunk...

Youd best buy a supported gateway from Patton or Grandstream - its not very expensive. Alternatively make the move to a SIP trunk...
Ok, so making the move to a SIP trunk. I assume you mean by inputting the info directly without provisioning. The issue I am having is that each of the lines on the SPA8000 use a different port. Is there a way to specify the port for each individual extension, or is there a way to ignore the port?

Not sure if there are more that one version of the SPA-8000, but the one I have come across support eight FXS ports. That is, eight analogue telephones, not trunks (FXO ports).

Each "line" will have to use a different local port, because there is only one IP involved, that of the device . I'm assuming that the default (factory) settings will have each of the eight lines assigned to to use a different port...5060, 5061, 5062...etc.

The ports are used when registering to the 3CX server. The extensions that you create in 3CX, to use these extensions do not have to have a port set, in fact there is no port setting. The SPA will dictate that when it registers

If the SA8000 is to be used local to the server, you can follow any guide for manual set-up of an SPA-2012. SPA-112, PAPT (and others), or a number of Cisco/Linksys VoIP sets that use a GUI. They are all very similar in menu and setting requirements. There is a lot of information in the forums, on setting these up.

If you intend on using the 8000 remotely, then you will have to set-up STUN, or use an SBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.