• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Phone Config from SBC on Cloud to On Premise direct LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Torres

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Hello. I'm not sure if this exact scenario has been answered a question for, but my last post about the incoming call issue at a customer I'm migrating from another PBX solution, what fixed the incoming calls for me in the interim is placing 3CX on a Google cloud VM, and I setup all phones, via an SBC I have on a Raspberry Pi (best thing since sliced bread!!...) anyway here is my question...

If I was to, later, move from cloud back to premise, and the 3CX server would have the same internal IP, do the phones need to be reconfigured?

The phones are set to look for that IP address since they are already provisioned and assigned to an extension...

Thanks.

Yes they would need to be re-provisioned but that's not a very big deal since they will be local and supported phones should PnP provision

Hello @Harry Torres

You will need to re-provision them as the phones are now provisioned through an SBC. Since the SBC will be redundant that the phones will need to be re-provisioned to connect to the server locally.

Reactions: Harry Torres
Reset back to factory on each and reprovision as new phones? Will BLF info be saved or will I have to do that again.

Reset back to factory on each and reprovision as new phones? Will BLF info be saved or will I have to do that again.

If im correct the BLF are locked to the extensions (if made in the 3CX management panel) and not the phones

If you however manually added the BLF in the phones themselves then they will be lost

If the BLF keys were added through the management console then resetting the phone will not affect the configuration in the management console. Once you re-provision the phone the BLF keys will come back.

Reactions: Harry Torres
Very awesome!! Thank you guys for your time.

Glad we could help. Let us know if further assistance is required.

I did exactly this a few weeks back (and then the reverse). It wasn't too traumatic, although I discovered some of my Fanvil phones only seem to factory reset properly through the web portal rather than the method outlined on the 3CX website which led me a merry dance for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.