• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Query regarding routing inbound/outbound calls to landline/cellular from 3cx system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arunesh Dutta

Reaction score
Hello

I am using 3cx PBX Express hosted in cloud and working fine.I wanted to know I have SIP account details, can I use the SIP account details that allows me to receive/call through Grandstream softphone .I wanted to know can the SIP details used in 3CX system so that I can make outgoing calls to landline/cellular from that SIP details and receive incoming call passed to any 3cx extension

Hello @Arunesh Dutta

If you can register your softphone with the SIP details of the provider then you will be able to make and receive calls directly to the softphone but the call will not be going through 3CX. If you want the PBX To handle the routing of calls you need to register your SIP trunk to the PBX not the softphone

Hello @Arunesh Dutta

If you can register your softphone with the SIP details of the provider then you will be able to make and receive calls directly to the softphone but the call will not be going through 3CX. If you want the PBX To handle the routing of calls you need to register your SIP trunk to the PBX not the softphone

Thanks, I wanted to have inbound call with local number of India and routed to any of extension present in 3cx .Do I have any option to make this happen or best way to do implement same..rgds

Subscribe to a VoIP provider that can give you a number in India (preferably a 3CX supported provider)

Create a trunk in 3CX for this provider. Ensure that the trunk is registered.

Create an extension. Assign the Grandstream (or any other) device as that extension. Register the extension with the 3CX PBX. Add additional extensions as desired.

Create inbound and outbound rules in 3CX. Place calls.

That is it in a nutshell. For more detail, have a read through this manual, as a starting point.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/

There is a lot more information here on the 3CX site.

Reactions: roxyschram
Thanks, I wanted to have inbound call with local number of India and routed to any of extension present in 3cx .Do I have any option to make this happen or best way to do implement same..rgds
If you register the trunk to the 3CX phone system you can use inbound rules to route calls to any extension registered to the phone system and even external numbers. More information on how to do this can be found in the link @leejor shared and in the following link:
https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/basic/configuring-voip-providers/
Let us know if you face any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.