• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forwarding calls from digital receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe Hammond

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have configured digital receptionist with a DID and 7 options to choose from. 3 options of those are directed to extensions and those extensions are configured to forward inbound calls to their mobile phones.

This works fine however there's about 5 seconds gap until the phone starts ringing on the callee's cell phone. is this an expected behavior?

Thank you

Hello @Moe Hammond

Please note that this delay is normal as the Digital receptionist has a small timeout so its sure it received all the digits before the forward takes place. Then the transfer will take place and a call will be placed to the provider. If the trunk provider and the cell provider are not the same then a transfer will take place from the provider to the cell provider and of course the mobile phone should start ringing.

Hi Yiannish,

It takes approximately 10 seconds not 5 as I said earlier. Is that normal?

I would check the 3CX Activity Log for one of these calls. How long does it take to process the call (within 3CX) and pass onto the provider, then how much longer before it begins to ring? Where does the delay occur? I have found that some calls to mobiles can take an unusually long time before ringback is heard.

It takes approximately 10 seconds not 5 as I said earlier. Is that normal?
10 seconds is a bit long so you will need to follow what @leejor suggested and trace the call. You could also run a wireshark capture and see how long it takes for the 3CX phone system to send the Invite to the provider after the selection was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.