• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In Progress Add a local host webmeeting MCU

shenwei

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

For some reasons, the customers need a local host webmeeting solution. In V14, 3CX did have a localhost option. It would be very good to add back this solution in V15.5.

Does anyone look for it? Please vote.

Reactions: brian-le
Upvote 40
"for some reasons" ;) I'm interested in hearing about the reason for this...

I'd prefer this as well. For privacy (HIPPA) and performance.

@craigreilly There are a lot of reasons why someone would not want their video conferencing to go outside of their network. Government entities, DoD suppliers, healthcare for HIPPA compliance, banks, credit processors, paranoid entities, super secret spies, enterprises that do not allow internet access but still need internal video conferencing, etc. There are so many reasons why having this would be useful and for that, I would recommend bringing back the option to host locally. My company would use this feature.

Reactions: Benedikt Machens
@craigreilly There are a lot of reasons why someone would not want their video conferencing to go outside of their network. Government entities, DoD suppliers, healthcare for HIPPA compliance, banks, credit processors, paranoid entities, super secret spies, enterprises that do not allow internet access but still need internal video conferencing, etc. There are so many reasons why having this would be useful and for that, I would recommend bringing back the option to host locally. My company would use this feature.

Totally yes! +1

@acecnc Thanks for the answer.
@craigreilly why not give another option to users who really want a localhost meeting.

I think a local WebMeeting server is important. I bill my service as a high-quality service. I engineer the IP networks so that there are as many ASN adjacencies as possible. I can't do that when WebMeeting is hosted in AWS.

Reactions: bengi
I think a local WebMeeting server is important. I bill my service as a high-quality service. I engineer the IP networks so that there are as many ASN adjacencies as possible. I can't do that when WebMeeting is hosted in AWS.

I would also like to have some possibility to install our own/on premise MCU due to security/data protection/privacy and whatever else you can imagine... reasons.
Maybe it's possible to buy the peace of software used by 3cx?

up!!!!! +1

Definitely need this. We are a HIPAA covered entity, and we were very disappointed to find that there is no option for local MCU server.

For DSGVO reasons.
+1

THis is something we are working on. Its not a trivial thing but its on the road map. For the record this feature was never in v14

Reactions: mikeodo
An update in 2020. This is in development and it will be available in a few updates from now.

Last edited:
Any update on when webmeeting will available in local MCU server?

We estimated end of Q1, but Coronavirus and the high demand for WebMeeting use have pushed this date forward. Soon is all i can give you for the moment.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.