• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Music on Hold - Randomize

Status
Not open for further replies.

giwm

Forum User
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be documentation on MoH, so forgive me. Is it correct that Randomize Playback merely picks one Music file and repeats it over and over? Or will it randomize the order of the available files?

How long are you planning on keeping people on hold that this is going to be an issue? :)

upload_2018-10-19_15-36-5.png

I suppose you will just have to test. But if it loops the same file over and over on the same call then you should be able to utilize the playlist feature.

There doesn't seem to be documentation on MoH, so forgive me. Is it correct that Randomize Playback merely picks one Music file and repeats it over and over? Or will it randomize the order of the available files?
The "Randomize music on hold per call" option will pick one file per call and repeat it while the "Randomize music on hold per day" will pick a random file and play that for the day.
You can however create a playlist as @cobaltit suggested and use that to play multiple files.

I suppose I'll have to go the playlist route. We just have some 15 second spots with about 5 seconds of music between. So if someone is on hold for over 25 seconds, they're hearing the same spot.

The goal was to easily be able to add seasonal spots. Maybe a "shuffle" option would be needed.

I'll mess with playlists.

So, I took the same exact files that I'd used for on-hold and created a playlist. I then adjusted my MoH to select the new playlist. And... silence. Ideas?

Check your services on the Dashboard, do you have a service named "3CX PhoneSystem 01 AudioProvider" ?

Okay, so I found a few threads talking about this requiring a backup and a reinstall. Which is... surprising. I'm not used to upgrades being like, "Gotcha! We didn't really upgrade you fully."

So, I'm thinking there has to be a better way. Perhaps a patch we can run manually without introducing down time into our system? Is it simply installing the service, as I see the associated .exe is there?

So, I'm thinking there has to be a better way. Perhaps a patch we can run manually without introducing down time into our system? Is it simply installing the service, as I see the associated .exe is there?
I am afraid you will need to re-install using the latest installer to get everything working. Just perform a full backup of the system and save it to a non 3CX location. The uninstall the phone system and re-install using the latest installer and your backup. You can get the latest installer from here: https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-links/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.