• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Prepending/Appending Incoming rule/Ring group to the callerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin3vil

Reaction score
Greetings,

I was wondering if there's somehow access to more advanced settings apart from Contacts > Options > Append/Prepend.

For example we've got two DIDs coming from the same trunk, to different incoming rules and ring groups.
I need calls from DID1 to just show the callerID but calls from DID2 to also display the Incoming rule name, in order to differentiate.

Right now, it always displays {Ring group}:{Incoming Rule}:callerID for both DIDs. This creates unnecessary clutter, especially on phones with fewer characters on screen, that you then need to wait for the characters to scroll.

I need calls from DID1 to just show the callerID but calls from DID2 to also display the Incoming rule name, in order to differentiate.
Unfortunately there are no more settings for this but you could leave the Inbound rule name empty for DID2 so that the name does not appear on when calls come through that DID.
You could also post this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Unfortunately there are no more settings for this but you could leave the Inbound rule name empty for DID2 so that the name does not appear on when calls come through that DID.
You could also post this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Sweet, I'll post it in the Idea forum and give the blank name a try (although I think that will use the DID instead). You may close this Yiannis, thank you very much.

Glad i could assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.