• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone does not get deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint_

Forum User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
3CX 15.5.15502.6

A phone was physically disconnected phone the system Friday.
Over the week end, I went to the extension, and deleted the assigned phone.
I plugged the phone back Monday, and it is up and running with all the previous setting.

How do I delete and remove a phone from the system correctly ?
And now that this one is not in the system anymore (but still able to function normally), how do I remove it from the system ?

Thanks !

You need to factory default the unit, as it will have the correct config and doing this will wipe the settings.

Within the 3CX console, you need to go Extensions - Select the extension - Under Phone Provisioning select the correct phone and click on the X to delete the settings.

When you have done this, reboot the phone and it will be able to provision it

Since when a system that has a SIP Device deleted would let the device connect if it (the device) was not factory reseted ?

I deleted the phone provisioning. That should be enough for the phone not to be able to connect with the old configuration , no ?

Since when a system that has a SIP Device deleted would let the device connect if it (the device) was not factory reseted ?

I deleted the phone provisioning. That should be enough for the phone not to be able to connect with the old configuration , no ?
As you mentioned you deleted the phone provisioning not the phone registration. The phone has already been provisioned and has the correct Auth ID and password as well as the IP of the phone system so when you connect it, it will connect to the phone system with the correct credentials.
You need to factory reset the phone to have it not register to the PBX.

The phone provisioning includes the phone registration when you create a new phone.
When a phone is not connected, it does not show under the registration.
Removing the provisioning should also remove the credentials so the phone cannot reconnect.
It's basic deletion feature as per any other enterprise phone system.

delete the extension - then phone can not register.
change authentication details - then phone can not registrar.

each extension uses same credentials for every attached device. so simply removing the phone does not do anything.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
The phone provisioning includes the phone registration when you create a new phone.
When a phone is not connected, it does not show under the registration.
Removing the provisioning should also remove the credentials so the phone cannot reconnect.
It's basic deletion feature as per any other enterprise phone system.
Please note that the phone provisioning is used to easily setup the extensions details and configuration on the phone. Deleting the phone from the provisioning tab does not block the phone from registering to the PBX. If that was the case then you would not be able to register any device manually to the PBX.
You could however post this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.