• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

new fanvil x4 phone is not automatically provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Free User
Reaction score
i'm installing a brand new fanvil x4 on my newly updated to 15.5.15502.6 environment. i do a factory reset on the phone and connected to the network. it shows up in the 3cx phones tab as a new phone. i assigned it to an extension but nothing happens. i'm not doing anything out of the ordinary here on this phone. no custom template or anything. i'm just trying to get it to provision but it's not working.

in the phone's web ui under autoprovision > static provisioning server address, i have the following:

http://172.16.35.200:5000/provisioning/djj5wfd7a0n/

but the configuration file name section is blank

on other phones that are provisioned correctly, the configuration file name section has a "MAC address".cfg file in it.

any ideas as to what is going on here? i can put a .cfg file name in that field and i'd imagine it would provision but i'm not sure if i use the mac address of the new phone, there would be a .cfg file for it.

is there a place to check presence of these MACaddress.cfg files on the server

what should i do from here?

i put the MACaddress.cfg in the filename field and selected http protocol along with "update after reboot" update mode. rebooted the phone and nothing is different. it's showing up in the phones section as a new phone.

by the way, under phone provisioning of the extension that it was assigned to, the new phone is also listed there.... so the same phone in the phones section as new phone and also under an extensions phone provisioning tab?

i'm lost here. i could keep trying this and that and i'm sure i'll get this to work but i'd like to understand why i'm here in the first place.

i did post another thread regarding my recent upgrade to sp6 and a lot of x4 phone firmware failures after the update. this phone that i'm installing on the network is a new phone to replace a bricked phone after the firmware update.

yes, the firmware is up to date to the latest which was available at the url that you posted.
fanvil x4 is at the 3cx 2.4.0.5572

Hello @Shawn

on other phones that are provisioned correctly, the configuration file name section has a "MAC address".cfg file in it.

any ideas as to what is going on here? i can put a .cfg file name in that field and i'd imagine it would provision but i'm not sure if i use the mac address of the new phone, there would be a .cfg file for it.

is there a place to check presence of these MACaddress.cfg files on the server
The phones should provision correctly without adding MAC.cfg file in the phones settings. You can add it when manually provisioning the phone but it is not really necessary as the server will auto create the file when the phone requests it. The .cfg files are auto generated upon request so you will not find them in a folder.
You can manually call them however by typing the provisioning link into a browser followed by the mac address. cfg

for example: http://172.16.35.200:5000/provisioning/djj5wfd7a0n/mac_addr.cfg

If you are able to get the file from the browser then the phone should also be able to get the file.
If not the you could run a wireshark capture while trying to provision it and search for http traffic.

by the way, under phone provisioning of the extension that it was assigned to, the new phone is also listed there.... so the same phone in the phones section as new phone and also under an extensions phone provisioning tab?
If the phone does not provision but you have added it to an extension then it still appear as a new phone under the phones tab but since you have assigned it to an extension you will be able to see it there as well.

no matter what i do, the phone is sitting in the phones section of the 3cx web portal as a new phone and will not provision. if i enter http://172.16.35.200:5000/provisioning/djj5wfd7a0n/0C383E1B8B3D.cfg
in the browser where this MAC is already provisioned, the browser downloads the provisioning file, but if i substitute the MAC with the new problem phone MAC that has not been provisioned, i get a page not found error in my browser.

putting the information straight in the phone web ui still does not let it provision.

Try and delete the phone from the list and then reset it from the web UI (rather than doing it at power-on) remembering to tick all 3 boxes for the various settings to clear.

Also make sure 3CX and phone are on the same subnet or you are using an SBC.

Lee, thanks for the recommendation but unfortunately that did not make a difference either. it looks like reset through ui or phone buttons is the same thing. i deleted the phone in 3cx, reset via ui (3 boxes checked), it came back in 3cx as new phone, assigning to an extension did not provision the phone.

since i've had some issues with this 3cx firmware since updating to sp6 on friday, i decided to download older firmware from fanvil and see what that does. i downgraded the phone from 3cx 2.4.0.5572 to fanvil 2.3.2.4638 (thank fully, fanvil allows a downgrage), everything worked as it should after this downgrade and now the phone is provisioned correctly and i even applied my custome template without issues after provisioning

YiannisH_3CX or someone from 3cx, i think it's work taking note of this thread as it looks to me that there are issues with your latest x4 firmware. please note this post that i made earlier today

https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...ware-upgrades-failing-after-sp6-update.60331/

i have some phones that seem to be bricked (firmware update failed making them as good as a brick). i also have one phone that now has some display issues and even though it is a x4 it is reporting to 3cx as an x5 (no i did not download the wrong firmware into the phone)

i also have this brand new phone (out of the box) that worked fine but then when updated to the latest 3cx firmware, it would not provision, i downgraded to an older fanvil firmware and now it's working fine.

i will keep this thread updated as i find out more

Lee, by the way, the pbx server and it's phones are on a dedicated subnet

When you delete the phone from the list ready to factory reset double check that you do not already have it provisioned elsewhere in 3CX (i.e. listed as a phone under an extension or as a hot-desking phone but without a valid configuration). If you do then remove it there as well before trying again.

Lee, by the way, the pbx server and it's phones are on a dedicated subnet
Hi Shawn,
I read your both posts and I think you are reporting this issue to the wrong side - you need to report it to Fanvil and not 3CX. I'll explain why.
In your other post you wroth that "i was at around 2.2 on most phones". The last 3CX supported "2.2" firmware was published in August 2017 (around 1.5 year ago). Here is the full (I hope :rolleyes:) firmware history:
August 2017 - 2.2.0.3770
November 2017 - 2.3.1.4361
February 2018 - 2.3.2.4637
June 2018 - 2.4.0.5572

As you can see, you skipped at least two general versions.
As I remember, in one of them (I don't remember which one exactly) the Fanvil fixed some firmware update issue, probably you skipped it.
I think, this why some of your phones are bricked.
Try to contact to Fanvil support ([email protected]) and ask them why the direct update from "2.2" to "2.4" bricked your phones.

The last think is just to inform you - we have approximately 75-80 of X4 (running the 2.4.0.5572 version) phones on our customer's side and they works without any major issues. We can reset and provision them at any time.

Reactions: Lee Cramman
I had the same problem. I solved this way:
- manual update of the firmware to version 2.8.0.6249
-provisioning from 3CX -> ok
- in the phones page it is reported that the firmware is not supported
- select the phones and update the firmware
- the phones are back to version 2.4.0.5572, and they work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.