• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IP Address Mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Carter

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I had one of my clients contact me saying they had an issue with their PBX. It was only allowing 1 call out at a time and if you tried to make a second call you would get a fast busy. When he logged into the the 3cx console he noticed "Error: IP Address Mismatch" and that the License and Maintenance were showing as expired (just renewed in August). After a restart everything seems to be running correctly. I have spent the last half hour or so reading through the logs, but am unable to find anything that would have caused this. Anyone else seen this issue before or able to tell me what caused this?

upload_2018-10-22_11-17-14.png

not really sure what that error is. would there be a chance of a duplicate ip on that network?

just a reboot fixed it? did you check the pbx ip address in the network settings.

i have changed my public ip a few times and have not had any issues. i don't think 3cx cares what the public or private ip's are.

it does care about the NIC MAC address on the instance that it's running on.

windows or linux?

did you try restarting services before the reboot?

Given that the license authenticates against a 3CX licensing server I would strongly suspect network issues or the service that looks after licensing fell over.

Either way, you're not likely to find much in the event log.

I would forget about it unless the problem re-occurs.

Based on everything that the screenshot shows and based on my experience, I believe it has nothing to do with the PBX functionality and I would advice not to change any setting. If you see more carefully, it shows that disk usage, memory and cpu 0%, all under PBX status is 0/0 and everything under information is missing.

What you are seeing is the management console service being either stuck, restarted or down.

To prove my point, open your PBX's management console. Then in another window open the services page (/#/app/system_status/services) and restart 3CX PhoneSystem 01 Management Console. While this is happening, switch to the first window of the main screen. You will see the same situation as in the screenshot :) The Management Console interface tries to fetch information from the Management Console service and it cannot, thus showing errors.

Reactions: Blake Carter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.