• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change WAN IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

craisondigital

Reaction score
3cx latest version (debian hyper-v) has been up and running a few months on our static IP.

We have a new isp and so will have a new static WAN IP address. The LAN IP will stay the same.

What steps should I take to switch the WAN IP?

Many thanks

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Hello @craisondigital

You will need to navigate to Settings / Network and set the "External IP Configuration" to "Dynamic Public IP (IP changes)". Then restart 3CX services. If you are using a 3CX FQDN wait for the DNS propagation. Once all checks out you can switch the IP configuration back to static.

Thank you @YiannisH_3CX

I have changed to Dynamic and restarted services. I am using a 3cx FQDN. How do i know once the DNS is propogated and all checks so that i can change the configuration back to static?

You can do a Tracert to the FQDN, in a command line in Windows (Windows System/Command Prompt). That will show the public IP returned by a DNS lookup. There are also a number of sites that will provide the same information.

Thank you. When I do a dns lookup for my FQDN on mxtoolbox.com it shows my new IP address and ISP.

Does this mean it is ok for me to turn it back to static and restart services?

I'd give it 24 hours to let DNS populate around the internet.

Does this mean it is ok for me to turn it back to static and restart services?
No need to restart services when you turn it back to static. Give the DNS update some time to propagate and switch it back to static.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.