• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Provisioning Fanvil X4 Phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kenrick

Reaction score
Hello,

We have recently changed over are phone system to 3CX and have purchased around 60 Fanvil x4 phones. We have successfully set up all of them apart from 4 of them, whenever we try to assign an extension to these phones no thing happens.

The phones appear in the Phones tab and upon assigning them to an extension we are taken to said extension page, where we OK it. Which has worked for all our other phones. After 5 minutes these phone havent changed at all, and still appear on the Phones tab as New. But they are assigned to the ext. still. We have to remove the phones from the ext. before trying again.

We have attempted resetting the phone with Post mode, removing both the phones and ext. and have had no success.

Any ideas would be great.

Mark

What version of 3CX are you running, including build number - info on first 3CX management screen. i.e. 15.5.15502.6

Are you trying to configure the phones using local lan, stun or SBC ?

If local network are vlans involved, if so you are blocking any ports ?

Are there errors error when you run the firewall test

Are you running the latest firmware for the phones -
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/firmware-update-fanvil/

We are build number 15.5.0, We are configuring the phones on local lan, the phones are on the same vlan as 3CX and there no no blocked ports. We did receive some errors when running the firewall test, but cant run the test again till next week, but still have been able to provision about 55 phones.

Hello again,

I have attempted manually provisioning our handsets that weren't provisioning, with no success. I followed all the instructions and also compared the Web interface with a successfully provisioned phone to check if any setting were incorrect, which didn't help either.

We have run a Firewall test and the results are below:
  • resolving 'stun-eu.3cx.com'... done
  • resolving 'stun2.3cx.com'... done
  • resolving 'stun3.3cx.com'... done
  • resolving 'sip-alg-detector.3cx.com'... done
  • testing 3CX SIP Server... failed (How to resolve?)
    • stopping service... done
    • detecting SIP ALG... failed (How to resolve?)
    • testing port 5060... not reachable (How to resolve?)
    • starting service... done
  • testing 3CX Tunneling Proxy... failed (How to resolve?)
    • testing port 5090... not reachable (How to resolve?)
  • testing 3CX Media Server... failed (How to resolve?)
    • testing ports [9000..9398]... failed (How to resolve?)
    • testing ports [10600..10998]... failed (How to resolve?)
But the firewall setting haven't been changed since we set up the phones.

Mark

We are build number 15.5.0, We are configuring the phones on local lan, the phones are on the same vlan as 3CX and there no no blocked ports. We did receive some errors when running the firewall test, but cant run the test again till next week, but still have been able to provision about 55 phones.
Fanvil phones require 3CX 15.5 SP5 or higher. Realistically you should be on SP6 now or else you could have SSL certificate problems going forward.

What version of firmware are those phones on? Did you download it from Fanvil or the 3CX website to update the phones?

Are the problem phones picking up an IP address and correct time on boot?

Have you tried a factory reset from the web ui, ticking all 3 boxes to clear all settings?

The phones are on firmware 2.4.0.5572, which is the same for all of our phones, provisioned and non-provisioned. The problem phones have been picking up an IP address no problem, but once every couple of provisioning attempts they have the incorrect time.

I have reset the problem handsets using the web interface with all the boxes ticked aswell.

The phones are on firmware 2.4.0.5572, which is the same for all of our phones, provisioned and non-provisioned. The problem phones have been picking up an IP address no problem, but once every couple of provisioning attempts they have the incorrect time.

I have reset the problem handsets using the web interface with all the boxes ticked aswell.

Something slightly odd here. On the 3CX firmware download page the Fanvil X2, X3S, X4, H2S, H3 and H5 are all listed as having exactly the same firmware revision number (2.4.5572) which seems a bit weird, but is possible I suppose. They do seem to link to different files. However, on the Fanvil website there is no 2.4.5572 listed under X4 firmware (it goes straight from 2.4.0.5487 to 5680).

This is the third post I've seen recently about Fanvil X4 frimware / provisioning problems...

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/new-fanvil-x4-phone-is-not-automatically-provisioning.60336/
https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...ware-upgrades-failing-after-sp6-update.60331/

I had the same problem. I solved this way:
- manual update of the firmware to version 2.8.0.6249
-provisioning from 3CX -> ok
- in the phones page it is reported that the firmware is not supported
- select the phones and update the firmware
- the phones are back to version 2.4.0.5572, and they work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.