• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CDR export (Active Socket) user_name

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.garzon

Reaction score
I'm trying to receive CDR files from my 3cx server.
However, the only parameters the CDR option asks me for are:

Remote server IP and Port.

I'd like to know which user_name 3cx uses to log into the remote FTP so I can create a unique folder where the CDR files will be uploaded.

Hello @j.garzon

3CX CDR can send call data records to a CDR Central server. In this mode, 3CX CDR Service will act as a client and you need to provide the IP Address and TCP Port of the CDR Server that is handling your CDR Requirements
As per documentation the CDR service can connect only via TCP to a central server. https://www.3cx.com/docs/cdr-call-data-records/

still it should send the file under a specific user_name, I have an open TCP port accepting any connection, however I'm not receiving any files.
Is there a place where I can see the connection attempt logs?

Last edited:
Unfortunately there are no logs showing the attempt connection of the CDR. Have you tried completing a call and see if any data were sent ? CDR will generate data after a call has been completed.

Hi Yiannish, thanks a lot for your quick reply.
Yes, I am using our current live system with calls constantly coming in.
I have configured a FTP server allowing even anonymous logins and anonymous writing capabilities to the FTP folder but still no luck, folder is still empty.
Any other way to troubleshoot the FTP connection?

You can use netcat to see if the PBX is sending data to the IP and port you specified.
To use netcat you can download netcat for windows on a machine, put it on a folder on C:/ then open cmd, go to the netcat folder from cmd, and type nc ipaddressofpbx portforcdr so for example nc 192.168.9.125 9999 if you will run netcat from the same LAN of the PBX or nc publicip port if you will run it over public ip , once this is done you leave cmd open and you should see the cdr coming in.

Reactions: j.garzon
Will try that now, thanks a lot

Do I completely misunderstand how the socket connection works? My experience is that making the socket connection causes the raw data to be sent, not files, therefore FTP would have nothing to do with a socket connection. Am I wrong? Personally, I would NEVER use the socket connection because if your socket ever goes down, you lose the data. In contrast, if you process the CDR files (not a socket connection), you can always "catch up" if your process goes down by simply processing any remaining files. That's what our Exporter tool does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.