• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX CLI / HTTP status information...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazza

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've searched, I see many requests, but I don't see any responses...

Is it possible to get the extension registration status from either a command line (cli) or HTTP request? I'm after the same thing for number of active calls.

Many people, for years it seems, have been after SNMP, CLI, etc. access to 3CX, and it seems not to be forthcoming... Has anyone got a solution?

I need to be able to poll for this information, via our NMS (Zabbix, but Nagios, Cacti, etc. etc. would all have the same requirement).

Knowing the number of active (registered) extensions, allows us to determine if half the network has just gone down or not!
Knowing the number of active calls, helps with the same on the other side, along with capacity planning.

No, sending an email is not good enough. No, looking at the pretty dashboard doesn't help. We specifically have an NMS that monitors thousands of servers and network devices, and has the ability to escallate and raise alerts (more than just sending an email). I'd really, really like to get it to monitor the 3CX system as well. (It already monitors the OS, I just want a few basics for the operational status of 3CX itself.)

Sorry for starting a new thread on this... Most of the others seem to be "me too", with little other information.

Thanks.

You can get this information using the 3CX Call Control API. It is straightforward to get the number of active calls, and also possible to get the registered extensions. We could send SNMP notifications with a little effort. If you need it, we can build it for you.

Thanks for that.
Yes, I've see it. It's great, but once again it's only monitoring the OS and that services are listening.

It still doesn't give me trunk status, registration status, and active call counts.

Those are the things I really, really want.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.