• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Restrict Calling to certain numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith13045

Customer
Reaction score
I am looking to setup a rule on what numbers can be dialed from certain extensions. Like we would like to place phones out so that internal extensions can be dial but I don't want people spending al day talking to their friends on the phone. So I would like to restrict it to a certain set of approved outbound #'s and internal extensions only.

I assume I need to do some sort of outbound rule but is what I am trying to do even possible?

It all depends on how many numbers you want to restrict, or allow. As an example If you wanted to block 10 numbers, from either all extensions, or a certain ones, then you would create 10 rules specific to those numbers. They would be placed above the "general" rule, so the numbers could be "intercepted", and blocked.

It would be easier if you could make use of area codes and prefixes, to block or allow, but that may not be practical.

You have to use outbound rules https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/sip-trunks/

Create rules for allowed numbers, by adding each extension to the extension field - note you can add multiply entries by typin 102,103, 104 or you could add each extension into a group and restrict access by group

Last rules would be blocked

You will have to play around with the rules to suit your situation

You could also restrict external calls entirely for each extensions from the Rights tab of each extension. If you only want to block specific numbers then you need to use the outbound rules of the PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.