• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Move from google cloud to azure or amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biobob

Reaction score
I currently have a test system running on google cloud, i want to see what it is like on Azure or Amazon is there a guide to moving it to both these platforms?

Hello @Biobob

You can perform a backup of the current installation and restore it to a different installation. I would recommend creating a backup without including licence and FQDN information.
Also make sure that you shut down the Google installation before activating the licence on the new installation. Having both installations active at the same time could result in your licence being blocked.

Reactions: Apostolos Mystikis
would i need to run through the wizard first then restore?

would i need to run through the wizard first then restore?
If you use PBX Express then yes. You will need to setup the PBX and then restore.

is there a guide to follow for moving to a new cloud host?

I have ran it through the wizard but for some reason it has stuck it on the Azure East Asia servers despite selecting UK at the beginning of the wizard, anybody know how to shift it to UK?

Will it matter that it is installed on the East Asia Azure servers? I dont know why there is no option in the wizard to pick the location.

It's ideal to have the 3CX server location as close to the physical location of use as possible. While it may work in East Asia, that is a bit of distance for data to travel.

From a bandwidth perspective, Asian and Oceanic based datacenters tend to charge more versus a US/European datacenter.

I would recommend making sure that your Azure account is fully activated. As well, I would also recommend trying to go through the setup process of a virtual instance directly through the Azure dashboard. If you don't receive any error messages, than I would reattempt running PBX Express, maybe even from another web browser.

I went back through the wizard with another key to check and didnt realise it was auto set on east asia as the azure login was covering so didnt notice the drop down for the UK. Damn i will have to delete the instance and run it again as moving it seems a pain in the butt

I have it installed on a uk server now, the only thing is it will not answer on the "the Default Internet facing IP Address. (Default gateway)" e.g https://1.1.1.1/webclient are there any extra settings required? or does 3cx think that is our internal server IP?

I have everything running on azure, it is asking me to install "Add a Web Application Firewall" how will this affect the 3cx installation?

So it seems to are determined to install since the question wasn't should I install it so go ahead and find out. If it doesn't affect anything, Microsoft will have made a little more money and you can high five yourself. If it does, then just remove it and assume 3CX knows more about what you need than Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.