• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Broken Windows Client v15.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewT

Customer
Reaction score
I have a client that if I simply launch it (or it launches on computer startup), the registration fails. If I run the provisioning file, the registration works, but it doesn't ring through my speakers.

I have typically fixed the ringing by setting the audio settings, exiting the client and relaunching. But since relaunching makes the registration fail and so I have to rerun the provisioning file and then the ringing doesn't work.

I have restart the computer and have uninstalled and reinstalled the client, but to no avail. Most frustrating is that this all used to work fine and broke with no apparent cause.

Any suggestions anyone?

This sounds like a local PC issue as opposed to softphone, try checking:

* Windows version is supported. Win 7 and above.

* .NET framework is up to date.

* Turn off Windows firewall and anti virus in case it is conflicting.

Running Windows 7 and .NET framework 4.7.2

Turned off all antivirus and Windows firewall and still no love. :(

Anyone have any more ideas?

I guess other devices work on this network ? another PC with client I mean.
Although I myself prefer Win7 does a Win10 PC work ?

What version of the client are you running and what version of 3CX, I have known people attempting to use older versions without knowing before.

I have a whole office full of PCs running Windows 7 and 3CX client that work fine and have for several years. We are running the latest and greatest version of 3CX, and yet this instance has broke for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.