• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Is tehre a way to Bulk add Hotdesk phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi

I am migrating from v14.5 to v15.5-SP6. In v14.5 we were able to add a "default" cfg file for our phones into the provisioning folder so that phones not explicitly attached to an extension provisioned as hotdesk phones. Of course we no longer can do this as the provisioniong is all dynamic.

Is there a way to bulk import a list of MAC addresses as HotDesk phones of a specific model? Happy to do this at database level if necessary as we have nearly 450 extensions of which around 350 are hotdesk.

Thanks
Millsey

Hello @[email protected]

Please note that currently this is not possible through the management console and i would advice against accessing the database as this not supported by 3CX and may cause other issues down the line. For now the only way i see is manually adding the phones as hotdesking devices.

It's incredibly difficult for me with 3CX at the moment. Stuck on v14.5 have to upgrade before the unknown moment it will stop working and I get obstacle after obstacle with CFD conversion which will be at least 10 hours work which can only be started AFTER the migration and now this likely to take at least another 10 hours configuring 350 hotdesk extensions.

I thought that this version was all about less administration but I have a very difficult weekend ahead with no guarantee of a transparent upgrade.

Millsey.

You can use CFD without needing to upgrade. It should tell you which components can't be automatically upgraded and give you a chance to make any changes ahead of time (although you will need a licensed system if you wish to test them).

350 extensions is a pain but hopefully shouldn't take 10 hours. I dump all of my factory reset phones on the network to be picked up by PNP and then keep 2 web browser windows open side by side to copy and paste the Mac addresses one at a time from the phones screen to the add a hot desk phone screen. It's not much fun but you should be able to get it down to under a minute a phone - perhaps it would make some good grunt work for someone junior...

Reactions: millsey
Thanks for responding gents,

KiefersChild, the extension Import won't help with hotdesking but will definitely help with mass changing some other settings,
Lee, putting two web browser windows side by side is a great way to speed up the process.

Millsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.