• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco phones doubling the conference passcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorin Calugarean

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an issue where when trying to join a conference call and entering the passcode, the digits are being doubled. 123456 can end up as 1112344566.

Some information:
Phones: Cisco SPA504G
3CX version: 15.5.6354.2
DTMF mode: RFC2833

DTMF settings on phones:

DTMF Playback Length: .1
DTMF Playback Level: -16
Inband DTMF Boost: 12DB

Assuming this is a DTMF issue, for the life of me I cannot manage to fix it.

Any help and suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Should you need any additional information, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dorin

Hello @Dorin Calugarean

The first thing to do is to upgrade to the latest version of the PBX as you will have issues activating your licence in your current version. Because of a certificate change on the activation server earlier versions cannot activate against the activation server and need to be upgraded. To help you upgrade we released a tool that will do that for you. https://www.3cx.com/blog/news/pbx-upgrade-update-6/
I do not believe that this is related to the issue you are facing but i would recommend upgrading first and see if you can replicate the issue on the latest version. If the issue still persists we can look into it.

@Dorin Calugarean

Also, you don't mention where these conferences are but I'm assuming not 3CX (local) conferences otherwise you probably would have had noticed other DTMF issues. So unless you manually provisioned the phones I wouldn't worry about the phone DTMF settings but rather focus on your dial tone source (SIP/PRI/PSTN Gateway).

If the sets are optioned for only one type of DTMF mode (RFC2833), and not audio (Inband) in addition, then I 'm not certain why this is happening. I have seen this when two types of DTMF methods are used in a set, usually a gateway is involved, on outside calls. The gateway re-generates the DTMF SIP messages and the Inband DTMF is also passed along resulting in double digits.

I have updated the 3CX up to the latest version.

Yes, this is happening when we are trying to join an external conference.

Locally it works as intended, no issue.

@cobaltit

The phones were manually provisioned.

Try joining the conference call from a 3CX client and see if you can replicate the issue. If that works then i would focus on the phones. If that also fails then i would focus on the provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.