• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Snom 300 not registering after factory reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred2k

Free User
Reaction score
I previously had a Snom 300 phone setup on my 3CX server. I wanted to assign it to another extension, so I deleted the phone in 3CX, then reset the phone to factory resets.

Now though, the phone is not appearing in the Phones menu (as it had done previously) ready to assign to an extension.

I have tried to add it manually, and have entered the provisioning link into the phone, but it's just not showing up in 3CX, nor is the phone picking up the identity.

I have checked obvious stuff like firmware, DHCP/network settings etc.

Do I need to de-register it from before or something?

If you have STUN'd this phone with a different extensions provisioning file then chances are that it will keep on requesting this.

You can try a hard reset but in the past with such issues the only way to solve this is by contacting 3CX support with a request and MAC address or removing the phone for 14 days where it wiĺl unregister it's details.

You should use the SBC in my opinion.

Hello @Fred2k

How was the phone provisioned before on the system? Is the phone local to the PBX and in the same LAN subnet?

Thanks for the replies.

If you have STUN'd this phone with a different extensions provisioning file then chances are that it will keep on requesting this.

Sorry, but what does this mean? I've just read a couple of short articles on STUN and from my understanding so far it's used when the phone is on a different network to the PBX and it needs to communicate through NAT. My phone is on the same local subnet as the PBX, so does that mean it wasn't STUN'd - or is it something else completely?

You can try a hard reset but in the past with such issues the only way to solve this is by contacting 3CX support with a request and MAC address or removing the phone for 14 days where it wiĺl unregister it's details.

So does this mean that on my PBX that phone's MAC address is registered somewhere, and if so is it not possible for me to de-register it manually?

How was the phone provisioned before on the system? Is the phone local to the PBX and in the same LAN subnet?

I originally provisioned it by plugging the factory-settings phone onto the same local subnet as the PBX, and then immediately I saw the phone appear in the 3CX Phones menu. I then assigned it to an extension, then I copied the Provisioning Link from the Extension -> Phone Provisioning page into the phone (from the phone's web GUI) and it was all done. Now though, the phone does not appear in the Phones menu despite me having deleted it and reset the phone back to factory settings. When I say I deleted the phone, I mean I went into the 3CX extension, selected the phone, and hit Delete.

Local subnet should be fine then and you should be able to reset it without any issues, STUN as you have already said is only used when you are using the device to a cloud PBX (different subnet).

Try resetting your phone as well as firmware updating (if required) you might also want to run the firewall checker as well as there was a previous issue where without running this (from install) PnP requests would be ignored.

Interesting - I just ran the Firewall check as you suggested, and SIP ALG is now failing (where it wasn't last week when I set it up). I'm sure nothing has changed on my Watchguard Firewall since then. Will investigate further.

Interesting - I just ran the Firewall check as you suggested, and SIP ALG is now failing (where it wasn't last week when I set it up). I'm sure nothing has changed on my Watchguard Firewall since then. Will investigate further
SIP ALG will not affect local provisioning so i do not believe the issue is related. You should resolve that also though as it may cause other issues in the future.

To locally provision the DECT device please follow the guide below:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-snom-dect/
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/register-handset-snom-m300/

YiannisH_3CX - The Snom 300 is not a DECT phone, it's one of these. Anyway - you gave me the idea to configure the phone manually instead of trying to auto-provision, which has now registered, which is an improvement.

But I would still like to know why Plug & Play stopped working after I removed the phone. I found this on the subject - but I did perform a reset from the phone's web GUI. Maybe the answer is that there is a stronger level of reset somewhere else.

I apologise for the confusion i thought you were talking about the Dect phone. Glad to see that my misunderstanding helped you fix the issue.
When a phone is factory reset it should send a multicast message to address 224.0.1.75. If the PBX NIC is listening to that address then it should appear as a new device under the phone section. So either the phone is not sending the request or the PBX NIC is not listening. The following guide will help you troubleshoot this behaviour.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/plug-and-play-ip-phone/

Reactions: Fred2k
Thank you - I will look into this

Let us know if further assistance is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.