• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Out of Office Hours enabled from external call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goran Cvijanovic

Forum User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Is this possible, or I'm not reading this log correctly?
upload_2018-11-13_18-50-51.png
Client reported that phones suddenly started playing "Out of Office" prompt, and after some time, I figured out that Office hours override was enabled during above inbound call. Is it possible to enable office hours override from external call, and if answer is yes, how can I protect PBX from this?

Regards.

Out of office hours can be set with a star code to force in/Out of office hours or it can failover automatically via standard office hours.

Be aware if forced you must force back in.

I was not aware of this being available via remote login to the handset however.

Last edited:
I understand that part, but as you can see in the log, someone calling from external number dialed *642@server and forced office hours overried before hanging up the call.
This call lasted 3-4 minutes, caller used digits while listening to the IVR, and somehow he enabled office hours override.

Yes this is a call in from a trunk (either SIP or PSTN).

I would set the PBX back into office hours and change the dial code and see if it happens again.

PBX is changed back to office hours, but I want to know is this a feature or bug? I don't want to have external callers able to change PBX office hours.

My thoughts are that it must be by design however this feature can obviously be turned on/off and the star code only given out to trusted parties.

Any idea how/where to do that?

Settings - Dialcodes

If I recall.

Dialcodes is showing me all codes I can use, but is there a security option that gives me an ability to provide this only to trusted extensions? I don't want to change dialcodes, I just want to make it impossible for external callers to influence office hours override.

External callers cannot directly put the PBX into out of office hours. From the short log provided i can see the call was answered by extension 102. Does that extension have a speed dial to switch office hours? I think the call was transferred by accident to *642 which caused the Out of office hours to be invoked.

Reactions: Goran Cvijanovic
Thanks for info guys!

Glad we could assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabren
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.