• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX Dropping/Cancelling Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Summerlin

Customer
Reaction score
We've been having lots of issues with calls being dropped or not going through until the 3rd try in some cases. After sending our logs over to the Telco they have responded to us that the 3CX system is sending the cancel request to them. I'm attaching the screenshot we were sent as well as the error the system gave when the call was dropped. Thanks for any insight.

> 11/13/2018 11:34:49 AM - Call to T:Line:10000>>@[Dev:sip:10000@] from L:59510.1[Extn:122] failed, cause: Cause: 408 Request Timeout/INVITE from local
> 11/13/2018 11:34:49 AM - [CM503003]: Call(C:59510): Call to <sip:> has failed; Cause: 408 Request Timeout/INVITE from local

Attachments

• ScreenShot3CX.jpg
    ScreenShot3CX.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 41
When you run the firewall checker on 3CX, is everything passing?

Also who/what is the telco...?

Last but not least... what internet, and can you describe your network? And make/model of the firewall?

It may also be worth adding if you are using SIP trunking or going directly to the PSTN via ISDN or FXO gateway.

Your 4xx response is coming from the provider themselves although a 4xx response is normally a client side response so I have a high confidence that the error is being sent because of something onsite.

More specifically a 408 message is a request timeout message and is normally due to the fact that the SIP server could not respond before timing out – it maybe incorrect settings on the client pointing to the wrong proxy or proxy service is unavailable or being blocked by your firewall.

Hello @Joe Summerlin

You will need to look into the 3CX activity log to see why the Cancel message is sent to the provider. A cancel message can be sent because the caller could not hear ringing and hang up or because the Invite timed out and the end point terminated the call. How long after the call was initiated did the call drop? Are you calling from an IP phone or a client?

I will need to run the FW Checker after hours to verify. We are using WorldSpice for our Telco with SIP trunking and we have a dedicated 50mb ethernet connection running on a Sonicwall firewall. We have a pretty simple network but I also think it could be the firewall that is the ultimate cause just not sure where to look since I am doing a basic nat to the 3cx box. I will try to look at the activity log further to try and see if more info is given on why the cancel request is being sent to the Telco. Once I get the Firewall Checker info I will update the thread. Thanks for everyone's help on this issue.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Let us know of the results or if any clarification is needed.

Well after looking at the firewall checker report a bit closer I saw the issue was due to the higher numbered ports not being forwarded. After correcting that issue the problems are minimal at this point. Thanks for the help everyone.

Reactions: craigreilly
Glad to see the issue has been resolved and for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.