• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Start working with API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simone Rota

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for documentation to study API.

I need to know how to start

1) Windows Installatione, I need to install "3CXPhone for Windows", Where do I found it?
2) I need to install Visual Studio on the server and work on it?

Later I will do that on Linux, how will I do?

Thanks
Simo

1) Windows Installatione, I need to install "3CXPhone for Windows", Where do I found it?
You can install the 3CXPhone for Windows client from here:
http://downloads-global.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneforWindows15.msi

2) I need to install Visual Studio on the server and work on it?
You don't need to install anything on the 3CX Server. You can use your PC for development, and if you need to install the resulting program on the 3CX server, you do it.

But, are you creating a 3CXPhone plugin? Or some program using the 3CX Call Control API on the server? If you develop a 3CXPhone plugin, the server doesn't need to be touched in any way....

I would like to make call from my CRM…. so I should write some kind of EXE to do that, or not?

It depends. You can do it on the client side or on the server side... If you want to do it on the client side, you need to create a plugin for 3CXPhone:
https://www.3cx.com/call-center/crm-integration/

This plugin will wait for the request from your CRM. This can be done in different ways, depending on how your CRM is built. For example, if it is a web based CRM, then probably you will need to make an HTTP request, in that case you would have to listen in a TCP socket for requests in your plugin---

Or, you can do this server side, using the 3CX Call Control API:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/call-control-api/

This is a .NET Core API. You need to create a .NET Core program to use it. Then this program can be invoked by your CRM.

Reactions: yfautras
In addition to Ernesto's suggestion, you can also use the 3CX Browser plugin provided this is a web-based CRM.

but.. to do that server side….
I've had to deploy on the server, because I've downloaded the samples from the link but UsingTCX.Configuration is not available.

Yes, you would need to deploy to the server. You need to add a reference to the library "3cxpscomcpp2.dll", which you can get from your 3CX server.

...and... I can deploy only on Windows Installation? But the program works on Linux to. Right?

You will usually create the program in Visual Studio using a Windows PC. Then you can deploy this program to Windows or Linux, as .NET Core works in both platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.