• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved No audio when extension is pressed in IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis Londono

Reaction score
Hello,
We are currently experiencing something that seemed to have started with one of the recent updates. When someone gets to our IVR on our main number and dials the extension # of the user they are trying to get to it used to say/play "Please hold while I transfer your call", now we just get no audio but the call is in fact being transferred. It just ends up going to the voicemail if it is not answered. Note the extension does ring, its just the caller does not hear any instructions to hold.

Hi Luis,

A couple of things then that I would check here. The first is what is the audio format the required Wav files you are using in, I have known of changes when going up firmware versions.

The file format is in this post here as well as all the converting information:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/converting-wav-file/

Also is DTMF working correctly on the IVR ? if not it maybe worth checking what type of DTMF you are using (RFC 2833 or SIP INFO) and see if this is doing anything odd.

@eddv123
Not sure why you would suggest checking DTMF as the OP states the call is being routed correctly so the IVR is recognizing DTMF.

@Luis Londono
Regarding the lack of message, I believe this was something that changed recently (probably Update 6). I just tested and when hitting dialing an extension from the IVR I also don't get that message but I do hear my hold music while the extension is ringing. I believe I saw another post about this somewhere as well.

@leejor

Thanks, I knew I saw it somewhere but didn't find it when I did a quick search.

I find that most times, a Google search yields better results when I know "I saw something about that" on the forum. Haven't actually used the search function on the forum for a loooong time.

Hello @Luis Londono

Please note that the specific prompt was removed from the 3CX system. When a call is transferred however the caller should hear the Music on Hold of the PBX. Please navigate to Settings / Music on Hold and make sure a file is set to play.

Hello @Luis Londono

Please note that the specific prompt was removed from the 3CX system. When a call is transferred however the caller should hear the Music on Hold of the PBX. Please navigate to Settings / Music on Hold and make sure a file is set to play.

@YiannisH_3CX I have confirmed that we have a hold music file selected in settings. Why was this prompt removed? I still see it in the system prompt. Can I revert to before 15.5 without any issues? This has caused some concern with our sales team since callers are deciding to hang up instead of wait for the call.

Got the hold music working with the link that @eddv123 added. The wav files for our hold music looks like they needed to be converted to the new codec that 15.2 started using. It would still would have been good to know in the release notes somewhere that that was changing @YiannisH_3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.