• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink Firmware / Upgrade - Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Junk

Customer
Reaction score
Hi There,

we Upgrade all our Yealink T4XX Phones to latest Version XX.83.0.55. - There is a Problem with the OpenVPN Client in die Version. We know its not Supportet.... but i need to Upgrade to a Fix Version that Yealink Provide me. - Or i want to be Downgrade to Version V82. In this 2x Versionen openvpn will work.

I have a Big problem... iám not able to Upgrade or Downgrade die Firmware. - I Tryed with Upgrade via Phone Webinterface, Without Luck. - I Factory Reset the Phone try then Upgrading... no success.. - I Tryed with a Customer Template and put firmware to config file... still not Upgrading... - Now i god Recover Files from Yealink... also without Luck... :/

I tryed this now with 4 Differenz Phones. ( T41P T41S T42G and a T46G.... ) have anyone from you a idear how i can install the Upgrade?

Best Regards,
Marcel

Hello @Marcel Junk

Please note that since the phones are factory reset and you still cannot upgrade with recovery files provided from Yealink this is something you need to take up with Yealink. All firmware versions we use and support are also provided by Yealink.

Hi,

this is funny.. ;) - I god in Contact with Yealink...there tell me the same..i have to go in contact with 3CX...because the Firmware are Custom made ;)

Can anywhere confirm that there also not able to Upgrade / Downgrade to a other Firmware?

Best Regrads,
Marcel

Hi,

this is funny.. ;) - I god in Contact with Yealink...there tell me the same..i have to go in contact with 3CX...because the Firmware are Custom made ;)

Can anywhere confirm that there also not able to Upgrade / Downgrade to a other Firmware?

Best Regrads,
Marcel
Hi Marcel,

As you know from this post, the previous Yealink provided Firmware version had the problems with the Firmware Update.
To avoid the unexpected downgrades to the broken firmware versions, the Yealink guys are decided to block the downgrade functionality on the "xx.83.0.55" version.
They are not sure which version can have the mentioned firmware update problem too (Yealink is also providing some custom firmware versions) and this is why they restricted the downgrades by date. So, you can't downgrade the phone to the versions that were prepared before the "xx.83.0.55" version.
The "xx.84.0.10" was prepared before the "xx.83.0.55" (ignore the version numbers - the date is urgent) this is why you can't update to that version too.

We already informed the Yealink guys about this and they assured us that the next V84 firmware will be fully compatible with 3CX (including all the features, provisioning types and firmware update functionality) and they will test it very-very-very carefully.
You can contact them and just confirm that your mentioned OpenVPN issue will also be fixed in the next V84 firmware version.

Hi Aram,

then for the Info. - Okay... now i understand... - Yealink have Provide me a Fixed Version XX.83.0.66 in this is the OpenVPN Issue fixed. - I have here some not 3CX Phones.... that are On XX.83.0.50 i can confirm OpenVPN is Broken in all V83 Firmware. I can Flash every firmware on ths Phone Expect the Fix Version 0.66. -

But i am not able to Upgrade the Firmware to all 3CX Connect Phones... because all of them have XX.83.0.55 Firmware. :( - I also test the V84 and is lookz that the OpenVPN Issue is also Fixed.

So i think i have to wait if Yealink and 3CX Release a Upgrade. Bad Timing.... ;)

Best Regrads,
Marcel

Hi Aram,

then for the Info. - Okay... now i understand... - Yealink have Provide me a Fixed Version XX.83.0.66 in this is the OpenVPN Issue fixed. - I have here some not 3CX Phones.... that are On XX.83.0.50 i can confirm OpenVPN is Broken in all V83 Firmware. I can Flash every firmware on ths Phone Expect the Fix Version 0.66. -

But i am not able to Upgrade the Firmware to all 3CX Connect Phones... because all of them have XX.83.0.55 Firmware. :( - I also test the V84 and is lookz that the OpenVPN Issue is also Fixed.

So i think i have to wait if Yealink and 3CX Release a Upgrade. Bad Timing.... ;)

Best Regrads,
Marcel
Hi Marcel,

Yes, if the VPN issue is fixed in V84, it's better to wait for the next official V84 FW version that will be fully compatible with 3CX.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.