• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail Transcription

Status
Not open for further replies.

su27

Customer
Reaction score
Hello!

Could someone please confirm if this article is still valid https://www.3cx.com/docs/voicemail-transcription/ ?

Microsoft Speech Service was replaced by Cognitive service and it does not appear to be working with 3CX

We set up speech recognition in Azure but it’s not getting any requests from 3CX. Is it still a supported feature?

Interesting, I believe VoIP Tools also use Bing for their VM manager - so it will be interesting to hear how they are dealing with this for their Voicemail transcription going forward: @voiptoys

This is DEFINITELY an issue that 3CX needs to address ASAP. The service will only work for folks that created their API key PRIOR to October 15, 2018. So, I have two VERY large customers that just bought 3CX and this was one of their primary requirements for a phone system. Now that we are in the implementation phase, we are stuck until 3CX fixes this. From what I read here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/speech-service/overview

Microsoft still supports everything to make this work, 3CX just needs to update the integration OR they need to STOP advertising that 3CX has this feature when it no longer does.

3CX has NO idea how important of a feature this is. Before you had it we lost SEVERAL sales to other phone systems over this one feature. Now to have it stop working after we sold folks on the feature is totally unacceptable. Buckle down and re-write your API integration.

@arienne

I understand your frustration but this happened 45 days ago. Did you not notice it then? I don't know what kind of relationship 3CX has with Microsoft but as a Silver Partner and as a paying Bing Speech customer I didn't get the notification until 10/16, one day after they stopped accepting new Bing Speech customers. So if 3CX got same notice I certainly understand why it hasn't been coded/tested/release yet. I'm pretty sure your customer also wouldn't be happy with a half-baked release that eats voicemails. 3CX stated in both of the posts I've seen you post in that they are aware and working on it.

So deep breath, put on your salesman hat and show the customer the late announcement from Microsoft. Let them know that 3CX is aware and working on it but it's not available TODAY but they are working to setup the new integration.

It looks like the voicemail transcription page is now blanked out. Hopefully, they'll get updated for the new API soon.

The new features would be nice, but let's not worry about that for now and just work on fixing what we already have.

@cobaltit

Even if you give 3CX the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know about the change until 10/16, it has now been nearly TWO months without any real word from 3CX on this matter. As @Mike Hammett pointed out, the page they have dedicated to this feature is now blank on the 3CX website:

https://www.3cx.com/docs/voicemail-transcription/

When I submitted a ticket on the matter I was asked to put this in as a "feature request"... Really a feature request? I already have customers that bought 3CX because this was ALREADY an advertised feature, give me a break!

My issue is, like many things with 3CX, how they handle this with their reseller community. The MOMENT that they knew that this was an issue, 3CX should have sent out an official announcement with some pretty simple details:
  • MS made a change that broke VM Transcription on DATE
  • The impact is this (old keys work, new ones do not)
  • We are estimating to have a resolution to this issue in X months
I get notices like this from other vendors all the time. I don't think it is too much to ask that 3CX that they communicate these sorts of things more clearly. How many sales guys are out there right now selling 3CX on this feature totally ignorant to the fact that it no longer functions...

Even worse yet, how many technician hours have been wasted trying to get this to work with the new API ( know I spent a couple myself), when a simple notification would have alleviated this issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.