• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Wireless Conference Phone with Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
There is the conftel 300Wx, which promises all.
Snom sells conftel in Germany under the name Snom Meeting point. However, this is not the phone with sip+wifi+battery.
If I buy a conftel 300Wx, will that work with 3cx? Or, is there any other option which is supported which will run on battery and connect using WiFi?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks.
Hower all these articles are rather dated. I doubt If I buy one of these that this will work flawless.
A CP960 will work fine, but, it needs a power supply. My customer wants a cable free desk.

Any SIP standards compliant device will work with 3CX. Unsupported devices will just require manual configuration.

My customer wants a cable free desk.

It's a nice idea, and for short periods where power is unavailable, perhaps the only option, but, in the long term, someone is going to have to remember to charge it. With the low cost of USB (5 volt) power packs, just about any phone that uses that voltage (and is wifi capable) can be made "cordless". It doesn't always mean that you'll want to.The majority of conference rooms that I've dealt with come with a table equipped with a centre access for power, Ethernet and HDMI connections. If they insist, then you have top lay out available options, it's just that they may not make for any easy installation.

Last edited:
I personally recommend to use an ethernet cable + PoE, but well.. I tried.
Using a powerpack is IMO also not a good solution, because people will forget to charge it.

Thanks for all replies.

I quite like my Konftel "Ego". It can be connected via bluetooth to a SIP phone that has that capability, or can be connected via USB to a computer and used as a speaker/mic for a conference.

Mine is attached via BT to my Yealink T58V and is also connected via USB to my PC. I can use it in either mode when needed.

Also, pricewise, it doesn't break the bank.

Wow, Great,
on the first sight, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.

No problem. I'll have one here next week so I'll let you know how it turns out. The Yealink conference phones are our go-to unless it's a customer that has to have Polycom.

Just got my phone today and it is definitely a sexy phone for sure. Letting it charge overnight and I'll see about registering it tomorrow.

It uses the same OS as the Yealink DECT phones - correct?

Same base station as the new DECT phones so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.