• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Snom DECT m300 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

knollwood

Free User
Reaction score
Background: 3CX is AWS cloud hosted. Small office with 8 phones, each connected via Direct STUN and working great. Trying to add a cordless M25 handset to one extension.

Followed the 3CX Snom m300 provisioning steps exactly as written. Was never able to get the m300 to download the configuration file from our 3CX system after setting the server name. The m300 logs show attempting fetch of file..., then error loading file. So, I downloaded the file manually and and imported it into the m300's Load Configuration page. The file loaded and the system was for the most part set up and the phone was appeared in the 3CX Phones list.

The handset can make internal and external calls. However, the handset does not receive any internal or external calls (doesn't even ring). The desk phone sitting right next to it rings.

For a configuration that is supported, this sure is throwing me for a loop. Any ideas? Thank you.

Yes, try an SBC if you have a spare Raspberry Pi available, at least thats what I did when using DECT phones with 3CX.

Despite being officially supported I found the setup a bit too messy, especially when you consider that STUN is so susceptible to network/port related issues when using more than a single handset onsite I just found it easier to do it this way.

Alternately get out Wireshark and see if you can identify whats going on with the call. This can be done on the basestation under "PCAP".

Connecting the m300 to the SBC allows the phone to receive calls now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I still can't get the phone to read the configuration file from the server. It also can't read the phonebook file as well. Have you seen this before? The server and filename are definitely set correctly, and both work when I connect to them using a browser.

Despite the need for additional piece of hardware, I find SBC always removes headaches from hosted deployments - glad to hear you are closer to success!

Please confirm you have read and deployed both base and handsets as per:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/register-handset-snom-m300/

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/snom-m300-m700-dect/#h.njk1rx5jow1p

Interestingly also there is a "known limitation" list also which does not outline your current issues but does mention "In STUN configuration 2 ports per call must be configured". Good thing you deployed the SBC.

Can you explain what you mean by "can't get the phone to read the configuration file" ?

Connecting the m300 to the SBC allows the phone to receive calls now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I still can't get the phone to read the configuration file from the server. It also can't read the phonebook file as well. Have you seen this before? The server and filename are definitely set correctly, and both work when I connect to them using a browser.
Hi,
Try to go to Settings>Security page and disable the " Enable PCI compliance SSL Transport and Ciphers" feature:
upload_2018-11-16_11-54-29.png

This thing is mentioned in the SnomM guide:https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/snom-m300-m700-dect/#h.njk1rx5jow1p
upload_2018-11-16_11-55-42.png
Which means that, in case of remote provisioning types (STUN and SBC) when the provisioning link is using the HTTPS protocol, the " Enable PCI compliance SSL Transport and Ciphers" feature need to be disabled.

You are correct. As soon as I disabled "Enable PCI compliance SSL Transport and Ciphers" in the 3CX Settings -> Security, the m300 was able to load its configuration and phonebook files from the cloud-hosted server. Thank you so much!

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.