• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Firewall Checker passes then fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderHanna

Reaction score
Good day,

I am having a strange issue with one of my 3CX installs. It is version 15.5 SP6 and has been working for some time. Recently we started getting reports of some calls with no audio. The firewall had passed before. As we do not manage the network/firewall, I ran the firewall checker again and it failed. I then went on site and asked the IT department if changes were made to the firewall. They said no. So we ran the firewall checker again, and it passed. This was very strange because I had ran it 2 hours earlier and it had failed. So now I am think that the IT department might have fixed it. However, today the same thing happen, ran the test, it failed; ran the test 5 mins later and it passed. What gives. Something must be happening between the 3CX server and the firewall that is causing this.

Anyone else had this experience, or any ideas as to what this might be?

Thanks,
Alexander

Yes, it is the same ports that fail. But the thing is, I will run the firewall checker and it would fail. Then I run it 5 mins later without doing anything, and it would passed. I will then run the firewall checker throughout the day and it would continue to passed. Next morning I run it, it fails, then shortly after it passes with no issues.

Thanks

To see exactly what is going on you will need to troubleshoot the firewall using the guide above. It looks like the firewall is closing the connection somehow after long inactivity periods once you run it the first time it fails but the connection is re-established so the next check passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.