• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Network Error / Phones dropping provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedzke

Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping for some ideas with this one!
The issue we're having is occasionally (seemingly at random) when placing external phone calls the phone is receiving a 'network error' and the call drops. The call keeps ringing through to the other end and when picked up is blank. The other issue that's happening is that all phones are dropping their registration throughout the day and must be factory reset or restarted to come good again. Some phones seem to be experiencing this much more than others. The main issue is with the phones dropping registration as it's happening very frequently.

- Running all Cisco SPA525G phones.

Event log is full of this for many different extensions:
Extension 627 is registered, contact: sip:[email protected]:5061;transport=tcp
Extension 627 is unregistered, removed contact: sip:[email protected]:5070;transport=tcp

Happy to provide additional info.

Last edited:
Additional information requirements:

* Network topology description in detail: Where is 3CX located (cloud or on-premise).

* What firmware is running on the phones, how are they provisioned - via DHCP Opt 66 ?
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/

* What firewall do you have onsite, is it running SIP ALG and do you have a dynamic or static public IP address on both the external WAN IP and the local IP address of the 3CX PBX (if on premise).

A Wireshark capture would server you well if you can read it, but you must capture the issue in it. Dont post it up on here however if you have any sensitive information in it.

Thanks for your help.. please see below.

- 3CX server is located on-premise.
- Phones are provisioned by DHCP option 66 and running Software Version: 7.5.5a Hardware Version: 2.1.1
- We're using a SonicWALL NSA 3600 without SIP ALG enabled. We have a static public IP address and a static internal LAN IP address for the phones.

2 additionial points from me - have you run the 3CX Firewall checker yet ? if not please do, I knew of an issue where multicast PnP was effected when the checker had not been run from install.

Also have you checked your public IP recently, I have known situations (purely ITSP related) in the past where despite you thinking your public IP address would not change it has so worth a check.

"What is my IP" in Google, off of the same server as 3CX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.