• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Conference Call Limit (from Ip Phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecno

Customer
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 64 sc pro license with lots of Yealink t29g / t48s / t46s phones; I have noticed that trying to place conference calls directly from the ip phone has a limit of 3 users.
The button "conf" does not function anymore as the number of 3 participants is reached in the confcall;

Is it right or am I doing something wrong?
Is it because the phone is actually handing the confcall and not the pbx?

What can I do to let my customer place audio conf calls with more than 3 participants directly from the ip phone and not using the softphone or webapp?

Thanks in advance for any Help

regards

Hello @tecno

You correct in assuming that the phone is handling the conference and the limit of Yealink phones is 3 participants. The solution is to transfer the participants into the 3CX conferencing extension so the PBX can handle the participants. Although it would be easier to do through a 3CX client you can still do it using the IP phone by blind transferring the all the participants to the conference extension by dialling CONF_EXT**EXT_NUMBER
For example if the conference extension is 700 and the extension number is 000 the host has to blind transfer the participants to 700**000. Then the host has to dial the number to join the conference as well. Conferences started from the 3CX client are hosted in the conference extension of the PBX by default.

This is limit - max of 3 calls. I believe this is imposed by the phone and nothing to do with 3CX

You could setup the conference system within 3CX - Settings -> Conferencing Settings (this would require a separate DDI number)

This way you are limited to amount of 3CX licenses you have

https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/video-conferencing/

Ok thanks everyone, it is correct, my missunderstanding was that, infact I found this article that explained in the yealink forum http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1432
Then I remembered that I have installed a Yealink cp960 for one of our customers and infact it was 5way so this is why I was misguided (unexperience ...)

Thanks @Saqqara and @YiannisH_3CX

I have tryied to do the blind transfer to the confcall, the solution is good although the forst person still has to create the conference (is there a way to blind transfer a participant directly into a confcall without having him to isnert any id?)

p.s. I don't know if the "**ext" is usefull or not because i get the same result with or without it, I'll try to make myself clearer:

I call extension 404 and blind trasfer it to 700 (conf-ext)
the 404 extension creates the conference

I call extension 404 and blind trasfer it to 700**404 (conf-ext)

I call extension 404 and blind trasfer it to 700**404 (conf-ext)

You need to transfer extension 404 to the extension you are transferring it from. For example
You call extension 404 from extension 401. You need to blind transfer it to 700**401. This way there is not need for 404 to create the conference room

Thanks @YiannisH_3CX You are always on the clock!

So I assume that this will be the scenario:

401 wants to organize an audio conference with internal 404, 405, 406 and external mobile person.

401 calls 404 and Blind transfer it 700**401
401 calls 405 and Blind transfer it 700**401
401 calls 406 and Blind transfer it 700**401
401 calls Mobile number and Blind transfer it 700**401

404 gets in the room calling 700**401

In this way I have a 5Way conference holded by 3cx

is this right?

Yes that is the way to do it from an IP phone. You could also schedule the conference through a 3CX client and have the PBX call the participants (if option is enabled) and add them to the conference.

If you add a DID to this - be sure to set a Conference Pin. Otherwise, someone from the outside world can create a conference and invite all his friends and use up your funds and eat up your license.
But, a DID is not required at all.

Thanks @craigreilly , a DID wouldn't be required unless You want to be able to organize a call with organization (extensions) and non organization users (ex. someone from other company wich has not 3cx) right?

agree - but its worth mentioning. i've seen people find these and rack up hours upon hours of expensive calls.

Thanks Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.